Parts and Tools
To purchase temperature probes pre-assembled or all these parts in kit form, see our products page.
The following parts are needed:
- (Qty: 1) Stainless steel liquid tight RTD sensor, 2” probe, M14x1.5 Metric thread, detachable connector (model number PT100-L50M14) with silicone washer and stainless steel nut
- (Qty: 2) RECOMMENDED*: Stainless steel liquid tight RTD sensor, 1.5” probe, 1/2" NPT thread, detachable connector (model number PT100-L401/2NPT)
- or -
(Qty: 2) Stainless steel liquid tight RTD sensor, 2” probe, 1/4" NPT thread, detachable connector (model number PT100-L50NPT)
- (18 feet) 1/8" expandable braided sleeving - black colour
- (18 feet) 1/8" expandable braided sleeving - blue colour
- (18 feet) Stainless steel wire rope, 1x7 strand, 1/32" diameter, 150 pound break strength
- (Qty: 3) Female XLR3 (3 pin) cable connector
- (Qty: 3) 2 inch piece of 5/8" black heat shrink tubing
- (Qty: 3) 2 inch piece of 1/4" black heat shrink tubing
- (Qty: 3) 6 inch piece of 1/4" black heat shrink tubing
- (Qty: 3) Small nylon cable tie
You'll also need the following tools:
- 30-40W soldering iron or soldering station
- Rosin core solder (60% tin, 40% lead)
- Wire cutter/stripper
- Heat gun
*The probe with 1/2" NPT thread is recommended as it will not require a bushing (reducer) to fit in 1/2" plumbing. This is a newer probe that has only recently become available.
Some sellers do not ship outside the USA. If you live outside the USA (like us), we recommend using a forwarding service such as Shipito. We've used them to ship to Canada. The good news is that shipping within the USA is very inexpensive or often free. You then simply pay a small forwarded fee plus the cost of whatever shipping method you choose (USPS, FedEx, etc). They will even consolidate multiple packages into one to save on shipping. We recommend USPS whenever possible to minimize brokerage fees.