Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Brew Dogs Paradox Jura

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JSB

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject: Brew Dogs Paradox Jura Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Well my BIL was over for dinner last night and I had him look at the PDF from Brew Dogs. He picked 'Paradox Jura' as my next brew Shocked

LINK

Quote:
Paradox. Reloaded. In 2011 we put Paradox into high gear to create an Imperial Stout destined for ageing. Loaded with dark roasted malts for a full bodied, toasted background, an array of bitter, earthy and resinous hops, and brewed with oats for a bold mouthfeel. This beer is the perfect canvas for barrel ageing.

VOLUME 20L 5.3gal
BOIL VOLUME 25L 6.6gal
ABV 10.0%
Target FG 1014.0
Target OG 1128.0

Grist: 25.65 lbs .... for a 5 gallon batch!

Anyone have experience with a beer with THAT high of an OG?
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.128 OG? That's crazy high!

Something seems off with the math however - you mention 10% ABV, but going from 1.128 to 1.014 is closer to 15.3% ABV.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
JSB

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grabbed straight from BrewDogs website. Yes... I think they have a typo. On the beer review sites, most refer to it as having 15% ABV. I did DL the .XML and imported it into BeerToolsPro and it reads ~ 12.34% ABV.

If I substituted dry yeast (US-05), BrewersFriend says 75 grams is required.

I wonder how long it will take to age????
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 15% Imperial Stout can certainly be aged a long time.... try every month or so and see how it changes.

I find my own 10.6% Imperial Stout is great after only a few weeks: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/russian-imperial-stout-bourbon-barrel-aged

Kal

JSB

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kal... I think I will switch to your Imperial Stout. Now can you hook a brother up (with the .XML)?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any downloadable recipe files for any of my recipes. Everyone will have to edit the numbers and amounts anyway given that everyone has different mash efficiencies and hop AA values. The XML also would have little to nothing about process, water profiles, and so forth so it's important to read the recipe carefully. The list of ingredients only tells part of the story that makes the beer what it is so I purposely don't want XML files available as too many will just grab that and go (or worse, share with others), skipping the other important details... Cheers!

Kal

Walts Malt

Drinking: Two Hearted Clone

Working on: Planning my Fall Brewing Schedule

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSB wrote:
Thanks Kal... I think I will switch to your Imperial Stout. Now can you hook a brother up (with the .XML)?

I’ve said it a number of times, but out of all the commercial imperial stouts that I’ve tried, I think Kal’s imperial stout is still my favorite. This is on the calendar to brew in the next few months and age for next fall & a Christmas Party.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: