Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

First Brewday Prep

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Using Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattybrass

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: First Brewday Prep Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey everyone!

I've been putting together my system and reorganizing my basement to house everything over the last few years. I'm finally ready to brew and i wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations for things i should be aware of or look out for. I've brewed on my friends 50A 1 BBL system a few times so I'm not unfamiliar with everything but not enough consistently that i know exactly what I'm doing.

I'll be fermenting in a Spike CF10, carbonating in it as well and hopefully canning right from that also! I have a penguin glycol chiller and the heating wrap for the CF as well to help regulate then temp. My system is (3) 20 gallon Spike Kettles, Spike Steam Condenser lid and hop stopper 2.0 for the BK, exchillerator CFC and two chugger pumps with the 30a TEB panel.

I've attached my recipe, water and mash information as well. If the photos don't embed here is a direct link. https://photos.app.goo.gl/to1K75Qr4BW7WSe49

[img]https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPV4j5Kfydm0YehDJHNC6ntpXoiKMiBADyG9ChU[/img]

[img]https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOaEHqzftp0NC0rj7AAedhOp_N5qLvLuPs57dhY[/img]
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt!

I would give the BREW DAY STEP BY STEP guide a few reads through to learn the ins and outs:

https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/brew-day-step-by-step

Don't feel like you need to do everything or even in the same way the first time around, but it's what I consider a "complete" end to end brew day using our design to produce the absolute best beer possible. First time through often people will skip more advanced things like water adjustment or similar, just to wrap their heads around the setup first.

Good luck!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
GrumpyWally

Drinking: Schwarzbier, Tripwire Tripel, 2 Czech Dark Lagers, Wee Heavy

Working on: Tripwire Tripel, Roggenbier

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I started using my system, I made a 10 or 12 page "bullet item" list from Kal's Brew Day page. I still use it after 61 batches - it's on revision C with lots and lots of handwritten notes on it.

Good luck with your first brew!
mattybrass

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrumpyWally wrote:
Before I started using my system, I made a 10 or 12 page "bullet item" list from Kal's Brew Day page. I still use it after 61 batches - it's on revision C with lots and lots of handwritten notes on it.

Good luck with your first brew!

Would you mind sharing it?
GrumpyWally

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattybrass wrote:

Would you mind sharing it?

Not at all - let me update it with my handwritten notes so that it reflects what I currently do.

W
GrumpyWally

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an early version of the document I produced from Kal's description of his process.

HowToUse.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  HowToUse.pdf
 Filesize:  420.1 KB
 Downloaded:  423 Time(s)

mattybrass

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: How to Use PDF Reply with quote

GrumpyWally wrote:
Here is an early version of the document I produced from Kal's description of his process.

Thanks, i really appreciate it!
JSB

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step 1. CLOSE all valves.
Check all hose connections BEFORE turning on a pump.

Plan out your boil schedule of hops/etc.
Have several bowls on hand for catching hot wort when removing hoses. Wear (thin) gloves.

Mistakes will be made.... it is ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Using Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: