Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Any New Recipes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walts Malt

Drinking: Two Hearted Clone

Working on: Planning my Fall Brewing Schedule

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Any New Recipes? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Kal,

I have always really enjoyed your recipes, and the write-up included with each one. I've brewed a number of them, and definitely have a few favorites. Any new ones in store? If so, are you willing to give any hints?
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Walt!

I always have recipes in the works... but they take time as they often require 2-3 brews to perfect to my liking, and then the writeups take a long time as well. So I'd rather just announce them when they're ready instead of when I plan for them to be ready otherwise people ask continuously "is it ready yet?" like the kids in the backseat asking "are we there yet" over and over. Wink

Now that said, I've published 49 recipes (or variants). See: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/recipes
They cover a massive range of styles, more than most people would ever need to brew interesting beers for the rest of their life.

Have you brewed them all? If not, time to get brewing! Wink

If you want other ideas, my favourite recipe book is: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/brewing-classic-styles

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Walts Malt

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Challenge accepted as it's 9 of the 49 so far. It's going to take a while...
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there you go! You're only 18% of the way there - you don't need any new recipes! Wink

Kal

DFB

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walts Malt wrote:
Challenge accepted as it's 9 of the 49 so far. It's going to take a while...

Same here... About half of Kal's are on my 2021 brew list. It's definitely a great selection and I appreciate the recipes are tailored to my setup AND Kal has tested these so I know they are solid. I can't say I have a ton of trust on the thousands of clone recipes floating around the internet.

The only non-Kal recipe I've done was a few days ago. It's a clone of Treehouse's Julius. I generally followed this recipe: https://trinitybrewers.com/brews/ipa/julius-clone-treehouse-brewing-ipa/ with some minor modifications. Happy to share the results

Kris
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you’re enjoy the recipes Kris! That Julius clone sounds tasty!

Kal

Walts Malt

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great choice for the new recipe. Just brewed something like this recently and it went fast. I'm looking forward to brewing your Belgian IPA recipe after I compare and contrast it with what I brewed a few months back.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy! New recipe posted today is here :

https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/belgian-ipa

Kal

DFB

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Glad to hear you’re enjoy the recipes Kris! That Julius clone sounds tasty!

Kal

Kegged this Saturday night and pulled a few pints for a fire pit last night. Needs a bit more carbing but it was a winner and damn close to a Julius. I'll post a pic and a writeup later this week. I have a couple actual Julius so I'm looking forward to a side by side.

Kris
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: