Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Maibock / Helles Bock

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:23 am    Post subject: Maibock / Helles Bock Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!

Recipe is here: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/maibock-helles-bock

Questions? Ask below. Cheers!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
TheElectricSlide

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brewing this tomorrow with my Kal-clone brewery. Had to buy a 5L Erlenmeyer flask to get my yeast starter up to the correct cell count. Really looking forward to it. I'll let you know how it goes.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the brew day!

2 years later I still have about half a keg of this left. Being a lager and beer with low hop presence, it ages really well.

Easy beer to brew. The massive starter and proper oxygenation are the only two things that come highly recommended if you want the beer to be clean and properly attenuated.

Kal

kwdriver

Drinking: Munich Helles, Schwarzbier

Working on: Guinness clone, Vienna Lager

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brewed a half batch (6 gal) of it last February and cracked the keg the beginning of May. Delicious beer! Wish I had brewed more.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you liked it kwdriver! (I also added your comment to the testimonials section of the recipe). Wink

Kal

TheElectricSlide

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got done brewing this about 2 hours ago. The wort tasted absolutely amazing. I can't wait till it's done.

I only hit 86% efficiency so my OG is about 5 points low. I'm not terribly worried about that. This is my 6th brew or so with the new brewery and that's about the efficiency I'm getting consistently. I've tried all the obvious fixes like calibrating my hydrometer, adjusting for temperature, sparging for the entire 90 mins. Since I just want consistent efficiencies I'll just adjust the recipes.

Thanks for all the recipes and the setup Kal. I don't think this beer is gonna last 2 years like yours did.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad the brew day went well!

The trick to getting beers that age well like this to last, is to have more taps. Wink

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: