Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

HLT side has no power

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Electric Brewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgtdclark

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: HLT side has no power Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Turned panel on. Boil and mash PIDs powered on as usual. HLT did not. Tried turning element on and nothing still and the indicator light for the element would not activate. Switched HLT probe to mash probe port and flipped to the boil power. Element turned on. I have traced all the wires. Nothing is melted or disconnected. This was built by TheElectricBrewery so I have absolutely no knowledge of any of the components. I will manage my brew day by flipping power and probes but does anyone have any thoughts on what component or components are bad. I did have a little issue a few months back where the breaker when bad and was tripping frequently. I replaced it and have brew five or six times since so not sure if that may have caused an issue on this side.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan!

I received the emails you sent as well. Thanks for the pictures. This is a pre-assembled control panel you purchased from us in 2014. The HLT PID appears to have died (it's not lighting up at all). It should be replaced. Replacements are available here: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/collections/temperature-controllers/products/syl-2352-pid-temperature-controller

To replace all that is required is a screwdriver. I suggest using pieces of tape to make the wires so that you re-attach in the same spots. Make sure to unplug the panel from the wall outlet before replacing the PID.

Once installed make sure to set up the PID per the control panel setup instructions here: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/control-panel-setup

The whole swap takes 5 minutes.

As our control panels have redundant components between the boil and HLT sides, you may still continue to use it by swapping cords until you have your replacement PID.

Cheers!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order received! We'll get your replacement PID out ASAP. Cheers!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Electric Brewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: