Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Carbonated Beer transfer from Conical to keg using a spundin

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Packaging & Serving
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USMChueston0311

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject: Carbonated Beer transfer from Conical to keg using a spundin Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey guys,

I ferment and carbonate with my spike CF15. I have been using their closed loop transfer setup, and have issues with foam. I transfer at around 35-36 degrees F.

I was recently told I could use a spunding valve on the Corny keg, and pressurize the corny and use the spunding valve some how to transfer and equalize/reduce the pressure to fill and avoid Co2 coming out of solution. I have searched for about an hour now, and can't find anything demonstrating this or any information pertaining to my specific setup.

Does anyone else do this and have any tips or a explanation so that when I keg my oatmeal stout this week I can use this method and avoid foam and loss of co2.

When I sample the beer from sample valve it tastes very good and carbonated to appropriate volumes, but when I pour a pint after transfer its under carbed and not the same. It takes a few days on gas to get back to where it was before transfer.

Thank you
mjo2125

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a variation of the method used by Short Circuited Brewer Brian with a scale. Link to YouTube below. I don’t use a spunding valve for pressure transfers with my set up - no issues with foaming. My PRV on my kegs serve as overpressure protection.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jvQixiCJslI
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Packaging & Serving All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: