Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

DIN Compatable Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mac

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: DIN Compatable Build Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
First I apologize if this has already been asked and answered, but I didn't see it anywhere...

I'm a big fan of the straightforward clean wiring nature of the DIN rail compatible components. Is there any plan in the future to offer an off the shelf parts kit with this option? I may also be moving back to Germany and like the ability to change out 110 VAC components more easily. Thanks very much.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

If you'd like one of our control panel kits but with DIN components, email us at sales@theelectricbrewery.com and we can accommodate.

Keep in mind that functionality and quality is the same as standard bolt mounted parts. The only time you'd know it's DIN is when you open the panel. Advantages of DIN is that it usually include smaller part size and quicker installation for an experienced user (those new to electrical work may find DIN rail initially confusing so unless someone has DIN experience we recommend our standard kits). Cost to implement can be higher as specialized tools are sometimes required. As well, since DIN rail components do not accept spade or ring type terminals, wire ferrules must be first be attached to stranded wires using a wire ferrule crimper. We do not recommend attaching stranded wires directly to DIN rail components as they may become loose over time.

More info: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/collections/din-rail-components

Our pre-assembled panels are all (or mostly all) DIN based. All of the parts are available in the above link.

Cheers!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
John Mac

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal,

Thanks very much for the quick reply! I'll drop sales an e-mail just as soon as I get this purchase approved by my CFO. I've been politicking already so it shouldn't take much longer to get her OK. I was working on a Hobart blast chiller the other day and was reminded that DIN is just the way to go. Cleaner, neater and more straight forward. Thanks again, and I look forward to placing my order soon!

John
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! Make sure to brew something CFO-friendly for your first batch... Wink

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: