Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Spa Panel Keeps Tripping

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Electric Brewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Electricbrew

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject: Spa Panel Keeps Tripping Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello, I just finished wiring my spa panel (50 amp Midwest Model# UG412RMW250P) and as soon as I plug it in it trips (nothing plugged into the panel itself). I have read multiple threads on this subject and have looked at numerous pictures of spa panels and can't seem to see why it keeps tripping. Does anyone see something that looks wrong? Any input is welcome, thanks!

(Also, it is wired to a plug mounted to the panel itself, red wire to Y, Black to X, Green to G, and White to W on the plug itself, and those wires (red, black, and white) go directly to the breaker and the green runs to the ground bar)

IMG_1056.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.89 KB
 Viewed:  7267 Time(s)

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  103.76 KB
 Viewed:  7267 Time(s)

IMG_1055.JPG

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell from the pictures, but double check your neutral connections. They’re different from a regular breaker. It’s the most common mistake.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Electricbrew

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Hard to tell from the pictures, but double check your neutral connections. They’re different from a regular breaker. It’s the most common mistake.

Kal

Kal,

I have the incoming neutral wire going to the neutral bar, and the neutral wire that fixed to the breaker going to the neutral bar as well. The other neutral from the breaker is going to the plug itself. Does this all seem right? Ive checked all connections and they seem tight. Thanks for your answer!
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds right. Assuming that by "neutral wire that is fixed to the breaker" you mean the neutral pigtail and by "the other neutral from the breaker" you mean the load.

What people usually do wrong is connect the load neutral and neutral pigtail together.

Here's the right way, just to be sure:

Kal

P.S. You had BBCode disabled in your user settings which is why when you were quoting people it wasn't showing up as actually quotes. I've now fixed that for you (I assume you had disabled that by accident).

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Electric Brewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: