Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

SS 1BBL Nano Brewhouse

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alphakry

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: SS 1BBL Nano Brewhouse Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I haven't found much discussion on the forums about SS's new system... unless I missed it. What's everyone think?

I can't stop staring at this thing, even though it's wildy expensive.

perogi

Drinking: Perogi Pale, NEIPA, Nutter's Crossing Nut Brown Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter Clone

Working on: Max's Maibock

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: SS 1BBL Nano Brewhouse Reply with quote

alphakry wrote:
What's everyone think?

I think the system that Kal designed is an incredible system. I don't see me moving on unless I go pro to a 5+ BBL.
dp Brewing Company

Drinking: Chocolate Taco, Raspberry Mango Cider, American X, Sandy Dunes

Working on: Nothing

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a neat system, just not worth the money. Or I should say worth it to me.
View user's photo album (3 photos)
alphakry

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, agreed. it has climbed in price quite dramatically since it was first announced and I'd prefer Kal's panel.

The front access to the MT and that SS piping/tree are both suuuuuper sexy though.

Drinking: Chocolate Taco, Raspberry Mango Cider, American X, Sandy Dunes

Working on: Nothing

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of features I like on the setup. I think the reason you may not get much interest on this site is because most people that come here are because of Kal's design. We like to build things from scratch. Should something break we have a pretty good chance of troubleshooting it. Something like this SS design is pretty awesome but might prove to be more difficult once something breaks.
View user's photo album (3 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alphakry wrote:
I'd prefer Kal's panel.

I find theirs is missing way too many features.

I'm not a fan of hard plumbing either at smaller sizes like this. It's too much work to clean with no benefit (and greatly increased cost). I liked into hard plumbing when I was first designing but after going through the process steps and doing parts lists, quickly moved away.

When you get much larger (like 5+ BBL) hard plumbing of course makes sense as you really have no other choice.

To each their own of course.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dp Brewing Company wrote:
I think the reason you may not get much interest on this site is because most people that come here are because of Kal's design. We like to build things from scratch. Should something break we have a pretty good chance of troubleshooting it.

Yup. Not just troubleshooting, but actually repairing/getting parts. Doesn't help if in 5 or 10 years something dies and you know how to fix it, but can't get parts.

When I designed/built my setup I knew I wanted something I could easily maintain for the next 30+ years so I had to make it "open source" to ensure that parts would always be available. I didn't want to rely on any specific manufacturer to still remain in business. So I wanted to use parts that were in wide use within multiple industries so that by that vary nature parts will always be available.

More info: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/FAQ#Does_your_brewery_use_any_special_or_proprietary_parts_

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: