Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

washer/shim for element in UK?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lammy

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: washer/shim for element in UK? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi all,

I've nearly finished my UK brewery build and have managed to source most of the kit in the UK (except the power connections).

But one 'simple' part I cannot for the life of me find anywhere is the washer for the element shroud build! I could get away without it to make a seal but I need it to make a metallic connection with the pots for earthing reasons.

Does anyone know where I could get them from? I only need two, and it's really frustrating Sad

thanks

Lammy
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!

Do you mean this item?: Stainless steel washer/shim (0.075" thick, 1-1/2" ID, 2-1/4" OD)
It's available here: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/products/stainless-steel-washer-shim-0-075-thick-1-1-2-id-2-1-4-od

Some of the other items you may find hard to get as well, including:

Silicone high temperature o-ring (1-3/16" ID x 1-7/16" OD x 1/8" width, AS568A Dash No. 217, Durometer hardness A70, FDA compliant, -65F to +450F): https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/products/silicone-high-temperature-o-ring-1-3-16-id-x-1-7-16-od-x-1-8-width-as568a-dash-no-217-durometer-hardness-a70-fda-compliant-65f-to-450f

Food grade silicone adhesive/sealant (-75F to +400F, Food grade: Meets MIL-A-46106B, Group I, Type I, FDA compliant, USDA approved, NSF 51 certified): https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/products/food-grade-silicone-adhesive-sealant

Standard straight cord/wire grip, 3/4" NPT (For cord diameter .50" to 0.63", aluminum, -30F to +225F): https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/products/standard-straight-cord-wire-grip-3-4-npt

Stainless steel locknut 1" NPS: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/products/stainless-steel-locknut-1-nps

We ship worldwide.

Cheers!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Lammy

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kal,

Yes that's the bit Smile

All the other bits I can get over here no problem. Unfortunately, it costs $24 to ship 2 washers to the UK Sad

thanks for the response

Any other UK brewers had this issue? Found a source or an alternative solution?

Lammy
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lammy wrote:
Yes that's the bit Smile Unfortunately, it costs $24 to ship 2 washers to the UK Sad

Ok, that's can't be right given that they can be flat packed. Let me double check that for you.

Kal

Lammy

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kal,

Any luck on that postage?

What have others done here in the UK for this issue?

thanks

Lammy
chastuck

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my washers custom made for my UK brewery by this company: https://www.lasermaster.co.uk. Go to the Easy Order page. Quite cheap all things considered. I use them quite a lot for many small stainless steel parts in my projects.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lammy wrote:
Hi Kal, Any luck on that postage?

Still checking/confirming with our shipper/manufacturer.

Kal

Lammy

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chastuck wrote:
I had my washers custom made for my UK brewery by this company: https://www.lasermaster.co.uk. Go to the Easy Order page. Quite cheap all things considered. I use them quite a lot for many small stainless steel parts in my projects.

Genius! thanks
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Lammy wrote:
Hi Kal, Any luck on that postage?

Still checking/confirming with our shipper/manufacturer.

So long story short: We do not have a simple way of differentiating very small items that would ship flat (in say, a padded envelop) from others that require a small box and unfortunately shipping a 8x6x4" box internationally is more expensive than shipping within North America. This only affects tiny (inexpensive) objects ordered separately and only internationally. (Shipping within the US it's dirt cheap). Sorry!

My suggestion: Buy more! Wink (In all seriousness, it won't cost much more in shipping if at all as there's a minimum box size involved).

Cheers!

Kal

Last edited by kal on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lammy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I understand.

Sounds like you need to sent a shipping container full of your goodies to an EU based warehouse, you're missing out on a lot of potential customers here Smile

Thanks for taking the time to investigate, especially for such a small item, but I've gone down the laser master route that chastuck suggested Smile

Lammy
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Lammy!

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: