Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Who here went pro?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perogi

Drinking: Perogi Pale, NEIPA, Nutter's Crossing Nut Brown Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter Clone

Working on: Max's Maibock

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Who here went pro? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey all,

I saw another thread where a brewer mentioned that s/he went pro. Anyone else make that jump? If so, how do you like it?

Take care,
perogi.
wscottcross

Drinking: Launch IPA, Double Sunshine clone, Maple Coffee breakfast stout

Working on: expanding my beer horizons (and my beltline)

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did. I'm head brewer at Fat Orange Cat Brew Co in East Hampton, CT. I absolutely love it! I came from a corporate job where I felt like I wasn't able to make a real difference in the business so this is completely different. It's hard work for sure. Practically everything you touch weighs 50-55 lbs, but it's also the most rewarding thing I've ever done. There's NOTHING better than talking to customers and getting their direct feedback, both good and bad.

Drinking: Perogi Pale, NEIPA, Nutter's Crossing Nut Brown Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter Clone

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wscottcross wrote:
I did. I'm head brewer at Fat Orange Cat Brew Co in East Hampton, CT. I absolutely love it! I came from a corporate job where I felt like I wasn't able to make a real difference in the business so this is completely different. It's hard work for sure. Practically everything you touch weighs 50-55 lbs, but it's also the most rewarding thing I've ever done. There's NOTHING better than talking to customers and getting their direct feedback, both good and bad.

Wow very cool. I looked up your brewery on FB and noticed that you're closed during the winter? Also it looks like a very sweet set up - is that an old barn or ?

Thanks for responding.
perogi.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Very cool wscottcross!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
wscottcross

Drinking: Launch IPA, Double Sunshine clone, Maple Coffee breakfast stout

Working on: expanding my beer horizons (and my beltline)

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perogi wrote:
wscottcross wrote:

Wow very cool. I looked up your brewery on FB and noticed that you're closed during the winter? Also it looks like a very sweet set up - is that an old barn or ?

Thanks for responding.
perogi.

We have a seasonal permit to sell from the barn. We can brew year round but must sell off-site for Jan-Mar. CT allows sales at farm markets now with the proper permit so that's what we do for those months.

The seasonal permit is a town restriction because we are in a residential neighborhood and we don't have enough parking so it overflows onto the side streets and plowing becomes a problem. We are in the process of expanding (including additional parking ) so we're hoping we can go year-round. Our location is so different from most of the other breweries and the customers love it. It's like a huge back yard party whenever we're open.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah those pictures look like a lot of fun. Good to hear that the neighbors seem cool about it. Unsure when I'll be in CT but if I am ever in the neighborhood, I will certainly stop by.
jcav

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wscottcross wrote:
I did. I'm head brewer at Fat Orange Cat Brew Co in East Hampton, CT. I absolutely love it! I came from a corporate job where I felt like I wasn't able to make a real difference in the business so this is completely different. It's hard work for sure.

That is awesome, I love it! Congrats!

John

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: