Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Using a different PID

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Builder

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Using a different PID Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I'm using Cal's instructions as a guide, that is, I'll be substituting some parts here and there. One of the parts I want to substitute is the PIDs. I have an ABB CM30 control I want to use. Maybe I'm not reading the manual right, but I don't see where I can use this with the SSRs, and on a manual mode. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://library.e.abb.com/public/5143edfeb51d67bec1257b0c00540194/DS_CM30-EN_Rev%2520C.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi5kriLhMTZAhWRnOAKHf_HD-cQFjAAegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw1lGw1gh6NwGZ1SgHHBCkV2 can somebody double check for me and see if that is correct?
Builder

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well probably just going to spend the dough on the recommended PIDs from eBay. I'm also debating on using this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wall-mount-Enclosure-for-Electric-Brewery-Panel-Black-16x16x8-80A-heat-sink/201853281099?epid=681869761&hash=item2eff64a34b:g:E1oAAOSw32lYyEWG&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&campid=5336652980&toolid=20008&mkevt=1 vs using the box I already have and a different volt amp display.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any comments on the PID you mentioned, but for the Auber enclosure I've had lots of complaints that parts do not fit, including bottom parts and front parts (Mostly the bottom receptacles and the front meters).

Note: Auber builds/sells these without our input. We are not involved in any way.

Part of the reason for fit issues could be incorrect hold sizing for the meters, but for the bottom receptacles there is no sizing standards.

Because of this I highly recommend that the enclosure and the 6 handles / bottom receptacles be purchased from us all at the same time to ensure they fit properly as receptacles are all slightly different in outer size/diameter and have different screw hole layouts (including the ones linked to at Amazon through our build instructions). This is especially true of the XLR receptacles as our panels are specifically cut for the XLR receptacles we use. Same goes for the 6 handles: The lengths we use in our kits and pre-assembled panels are slightly different and therefore hole placement are slightly different from the ones that most people are able to source (again, including the ones linked to at Amazon through our build instructions).

If you like, we can sell you any pre-punched enclosure you like along the 6 handles and bottom receptacles which guarantees that parts will fit. All are available in our shop: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/

We have non-punched enclosures too if you prefer.

If you'd like to purchase the heat sink at the same time we can do the tapping for you on that for no extra cost to save you some work.

Cheers!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Builder

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer. I'm still collecting parts right now, so it will likely be a few more weeks if not months before I'm ready.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: