Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Blichmann G2 BoilerMaker Kettles

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMD887

Drinking: Two Hearted Ale

Working on: American Red IPA

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Blichmann G2 BoilerMaker Kettles Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey- All Happy Monday,

I've been shopping around for the last several days looking for the best deal/ price I can find on 20 Gallon G2 BoilerMakers... Best price I've found is $414.99 USD before tax... Has anyone else recently found a better price- if so where?

Thanks
-John
JSB

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also in the market... well in a few months.

Bilchmann is price locked and any store sale, is almost always excluding Bilchmann.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff is correct. Blichmann enforces MAPs (minimum advertised price) so all retailers have to sell at the same price. Many manufacturers do this. Sony is a good example too.

When you're ready to buy, look here recommended sizing: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/kettles-overview?page=2

Cheers!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
JMD887

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, that makes sense. I just figured I’d ask before I bought given the price. I’ve toyed with the thought of the 10 gallon BoilMakers, but like the flexibility the 20 gallon ones provide if at some point I’d like to brew larger batches. Given this possibility- I rather pay roughly $300 more now then have to buy all three again and rebuilt.

Thanks for the feed back gents.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. The 10 gallon ones are (IMHO) just too small. With the 20's you can do both 5 and 10 gallon batches and some have even done as much as 13-15 gallons if you're careful. I routinely make 12 gallons of beer with my 20 gal pots (because of the hoppy stuff I often make I lose a ton to dry hopping).

Good luck!

Kal

GrumpyWally

Drinking: Schwarzbier, Tripwire Tripel, 2 Czech Dark Lagers, Wee Heavy

Working on: Tripwire Tripel, Roggenbier

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that one of Kal's "recommended" vendors offered free shipping. That saved me a considerable amount of money. I'm not naming the vendor because I'm not sure if they still do this. I still do business with them - they're really great folks to work with.

W
JMD887

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrumpyWally wrote:
I found that one of Kal's "recommended" vendors offered free shipping. That saved me a considerable amount of money. I'm not naming the vendor because I'm not sure if they still do this. I still do business with them - they're really great folks to work with.

W

Nice to know. I’ll search through them and see what I can find. Worse case senario I hit the LHBS and pick them up. But if I can support the site I definitively will.

Edit/ Update- As of this AM- Adventures in Home Brewing ( https://www.homebrewing.org/?AffId=95 ) offers free UPS ground shipping

Happy Brewing.

Last edited by JMD887 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your support John! It’s truly appreciated!

Kal

JMD887

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've amended my previous post to include details about free shipping previous mentioned by GrummpWally.

-Cheers
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and I've edited your link to support our forum (at not cost to you!). Cheers!

Note: Links to the specific kettle sizes can be found here: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/kettles-overview?page=2

Kal

rcrabb22

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Jeff is correct. Blichmann enforces MAPs (minimum advertised price) so all retailers have to sell at the same price. Many manufacturers do this. Sony is a good example too.

When you're ready to buy, look here recommended sizing: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/kettles-overview?page=2

Cheers!

Kal

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought MAP applied to the Advertised prices. A store could sell a MAP item for less as long as they didn't publish the lower price.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right - Normally what you say is how it works, but not all manufacturers seem to follow that rule so it's confusing. I have some manufacturers that say they enforce "MAP" but when I press them on it turns out that they in fact won't allow me to sell below MAP under any circumstances - not even in private (or they'll drop you as a reseller). To me that's more of a 'minimum selling price". I'm frankly not even sure that's legal.

I know that Amazon (and some other retailers) get around MAP by forcing you to add the product to your cart before you see the price since the cart is considered 'private'. This is why you'll see some online stores list the price only as "add to cart to see price". They're most likely selling below MAP.

So long story short, I'm not 100% sure what Blichmann enforces, though I thought that they did not allow stores to sell below their MAP price. Now I'm no longer sure.

Kal

Last edited by kal on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
rcrabb22

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard Denon will not honor their warranty for A/V products sold by retailers if they sell below MAP with the reasoning they are being fair to all their retail partners. I agree it doesn't seem legal and would say it smacks of price fixing.
JMD887

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
So long story short, I'm not 100% sure what Blichmann enforces, though I thought that they did not allow stores to sell below their MAP price. Now I'm no longer sure.
Kal

I think Blichmann dose enforce sellers prices. This is based on two things:

1) Of all the websites I looked at trying to find the best/lowest price on BoilerMakers, they where priced at whole number 415 USD or higher, but never lower.

2) I went to my LHBS yesterday to physically look at one of the kettles and try to strike a deal with an all cash offer negotiation. I by no means attempted to low ball them, but I intentionally only took $1000.00 and offered all of it (mind you before tax were talking $1245.00 whole numbers) but was told they couldn't adjust the price of this product. But hey- I figured it was worth the old college try.

-John
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: