Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

PID Ascon M1

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Electric Brewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bouch2908

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: PID Ascon M1 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi everyone, just wanted to see if anyone else has had any experience with setting up the Ascon M1 PID's.

cheers
Bouch2908

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like i sorted it. First brew with the new control box tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.
Bouch2908

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thought i was in the clear. The PID won't let the kettle get to boil. Keeps it at around 99C. Pretty sure it wouldn't matter what PID you were using. Any ideas on where i have gone wrong?

cheers
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running the PID in manual mode with duty cycle set to 100%?

I’m not familiar with this PID but I assume it has a manual mode.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Bouch2908

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Kal, Thought these might be a little easier to navigate than the Sestos ones. I didn't buy them as they would be way out of my price range. I think they are about $400 Aus going off a UK site. The modes are PID, on / off and 2 alarm indicator. Also not sure about one of the configuration codes, (Type Of Control and Safety). I have attached the two pages refering to the configuration setup. Would i be better off running the kettle in on / off mode? I always get caught with if its more expensive in must be better ideas.

Cheers Craig

ASCON M1 Config.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ASCON M1 Config.pdf
 Filesize:  123.15 KB
 Downloaded:  529 Time(s)

ASCON M1 Config.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  123.15 KB
 Downloaded:  571 Time(s)

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Craig,

You’ve attached the same document twice. Neither are configuration setup from what I can tell. They appear to be a breakdown of the models available. Not sure what you’re using.

Kal

Bouch2908

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry one of the pages isn't right. page 16 and 17 are the Config coding and 15 is the model code. These are the input codes to set up the PID as PID, On/Off and 2 Alarms indictor. The PID operating the HLT is working fine, just done an auto tune. I have it set to 0(PT100 IEC751 -99.9....300.0C) 1(PID Control OP1 Alarm2 on OP1) 0(Reverse {AL1 active Low. Safety 0%})i'm not sure about this seting and the final one on 4(Deviation active high). I can't find anything in the manual regarding manual over ride.
Trial and error, i'll keep tinkering with it. I attached the correct ones this time.

Cheers Craig

ASCON M1 Config.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  115.97 KB
 Downloaded:  569 Time(s)

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 15 does show you how to determine the model based on various codes, but that doesn't tell you what model you have. You need to look at what you purchased. Page 15 tells you how to know what model to order.

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Electric Brewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: