Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Kal's Build - venting in the soffit above the hood

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drumspce

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Kal's Build - venting in the soffit above the hood Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Kal,

Do you have any photos of the venting configuration in the soffit above your vent hood. I have a similar situation and was wondering how you directed the lines and fan placement.

I looked through your build section and could find anything.

Thanks!

Mike.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I do have a few pictures in my basement build blog, but nothing overly useful probably. Best you refer to the ventilation article as it should provide you everything you need to know: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/ventilation

EDIT: Wait a sec.. you asked about "venting in the soffit above the hood". I don't vent in a soffit at all (never have). Maybe you're thinking of someone else's build?

Good luck!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
drumspce

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Hi!

I do have a few pictures in my basement build blog, but nothing overly useful probably. Best you refer to the ventilation article as it should provide you everything you need to know: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/ventilation

EDIT: Wait a sec.. you asked about "venting in the soffit above the hood". I don't vent in a soffit at all (never have). Maybe you're thinking of someone else's build?

Good luck!

Kal

Kal,

Maybe soffit isn't the right term - above your hood where you have the ducting hidden. I dont want to mount the fan vertically and was interested in what is hidden above. Is your fan vertical or do you turn 90 degrees and then out the wall.

I have an 11" ceiling and want to minimize the chance of condensation falling back down. I don't see much in the way of top mounted fan information around.

ElectricHopCandy728.jpg
 Description:
Follow the green arrow!
 Filesize:  158.24 KB
 Viewed:  5090 Time(s)

ElectricHopCandy728.jpg

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ductwork and fan is horizontal, same as in the pictures in the instructions: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/ventilation

Pics from my basement build thread:

See: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/basement

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
drumspce

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Thanks Kal! You are the Best! Reply with quote

Thanks Kal! That's what I was wondering about - It should be a easy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: