Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

One of our customers in a catalog

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: One of our customers in a catalog Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Recently featured in the Northern Brewer Catalog, Bjorn built his electric brewery to our design and assembled his control panel from one of our TheElectricBrewery.com kits where we include absolutely everything you need.

He had this to say: “I finally finished my brewery build and brewed my first batch yesterday. Everything was flawless. The panel kit was very straightforward for me. It fired right up on the first try. It actually took me longer to get the brewery location completed than all the wiring. Thanks for the great kit and instructions.”

Happy brewing Bjorn! 🍻

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
mcboogie

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q: Was he not allowed to mention you and the website? Would have been a great opportunity. I did enjoy reading it though. Looking forward to my first brew on my system.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mcboogie!

I would imagine that he wasn't allowed to name "TheElectricBrewery.com" or it was changed/removed. This is very normal.

When it comes to marketing, if you're not a paying advertiser, they will not promote you. Otherwise that would piss off the other companies that pay to advertise in their catalog. I would imagine that this catalog is partially (or fully?) paid for by ads, just like any other print magazine.

I see this all the time with other magazines too. Most of the content in any magazine is driven by who advertises for them. You know the "what's new" section you see in magazines? That's all paid advertising. It's not really a "what's new" section but a "what's new with our paid advertisers who agreed to pay more to have their product listed here" section. If you're not a paying advertiser, it doesn't matter how great of a new product you have or how revolutionary it is to their industry, your product is not going to be featured. You could be the editor of a running magazine and if someone invents the best running shoes in the world that completely changes the running industry, you will not see them listed in the "what's new" section unless they agree to pay for that exposure. Same with 'gift ideas' sections you'll see show up right before Xmas in many magazines: A few months before anyone who wants to advertise gets a list of pricing to have their products shown or listed in the magazine and provides the pictures/wording. They sometimes read as if the magazine is putting together a gift list when it's just paid for advertising.

Then there are also liability reasons to not show a company name or logo: Unless they get permission from the owner to use their logo or similar, they really can't use it, for risk of being sued if the product or company is shown in a poor light. While this article is great, I could feel that maybe it portrays us in a negative light somehow and sue them for defamation. You see this all the time on TV where a t-shirt or sign is blurred out. They don't want to run the risk of the product company suing them for some reason because the name or logo was used without permission, and maybe getting lawyers involved to get permission in the first place isn't worth it (cost money, adds nothing to the show).

Bjorn (the guy in the the article) did send me a couple of pictures last year and looking back at them now, it appears that he did install our aluminum "The Electric Brewery" name tag we sent him in our control panel kit but in this catalog article it was possibly blacked out (either that, or he hasn't installed it yet... which is doubtful).

Pictures of the setup that Bjorn built from one of our control panel kits:

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
JSB

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does help that when someone Googles "electric brewery", http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/ is the first link to show up!

I honestly read about Kal's system many years ago, probably Popular Mechanics. Flashback to last year when I stumbled upon the site and Kal's design again. I figured if he is still producing the same system for that many years without any major failures/revision... well damn, I dived right in and read most of the site (not the forum). Then I worked out a rough budget and bought the 30A controller kit the following week!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: