Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

1970's coors

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeg

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: 1970's coors Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Has anyone come across a 1970's clone recipe of original Coors. Not the swill they are making now.
I took a trip out to California in the early 70's and had Coors for the first time, before they shipped
east of the Mississippi. I remember it having a slight sweetness to it. I would love to try and brew it.
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just 2 row and rice, I'm not sure of the hops but I use cluster and it tastes close, the new beer says Chinook, Hallertau, Herkules and Taurus not sure why its a really simple beer try 75% pilsner and 25% rice, I just use 3 ounces of cluster for a 10 gallon batch first wort and no finish, I think the sweetness might come from the yeast and a slightly low attenuation

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ozark
yeast like wlp840 American lager
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sound about right

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to college in Connecticut in the early 70's and frequented a bar where Paul Newman used to hang out. He had Coors flown in from the west for all to enjoy..

Silverspoons
View user's photo album (6 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: