Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

20 Gallon Electric Brewery for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duff

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: 20 Gallon Electric Brewery for sale Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I am located in Imperial Beach, CA and am selling my Electric Brewery set-up and so much more!

I am moving, downsizing, and a whole bunch of other reasons why I am selling this amazing creation. But I am selling it. So, what's included? Pretty much an entire garage full of brewery equipment. I have the 20 gallon set-up with a 30 amp panel. The original Blichmann kettles and I have added a tangential inlet valve to the boil kettle.

I also have two 14 gallon Chronical fermenters from SS Brewtech with all the bells and whistles. With those two fermenters, I built custom fermentation chambers which cool and heat (in the winter months). We also have the two pump set-up with a Blichmann Therminator.

Also, I am willing to part with my four Perlick tap kegerator with Micromatic regulators and secondary.

I have poured my heart into building out this garage brewery and have had some awesome times on brew day! There is much, much more to discuss. Message me with questions and if you want to discuss further. I can sell items separately, but would like to packager the whole deal with a local buyer. Seriously, everything you could possibly want, you get here.

Thanks for reading! Pictures attached in the link below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxpGp9ovDwDccTJrMTIwS2FOV2s?usp=sharing
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's quite the setup! Good luck with the sale!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
eric74

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Interested in your great setup Reply with quote

Great setup Duff. I am interested in your system. How long does the boil kettle take to get to rolling? I will message you shortly.
Duff

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,

Awesome to hear. It has been a labor of love and a lot of just diving in. I have to be 100% honest that I am not sure how long it takes, but I am thinking roughly 30-40 minutes. I usually start the element when I am about 3/4 full to where I want to be pre-boil volume.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - Take a look at our FAQ for information on heat times:

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/FAQ#How_long_does_it_take_to_heat_with_electricity_

Keep in mind that our electric brewing setup is pretty much 100% efficient when it comes to heat transfer. Since the element is in the liquid, all the heat goes in the liquid. With a gas setup about 50-80% of the heat bounces off the kettle and is lost to the atmosphere.

Kal

Duff

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say it is 100% awesome! I am sad to see it go. I just had a dude swing by who is starting a craft brewery in Tijuana and was looking for an option. I am not sure he is going to pursue my set up, but it was an educational talk.

Kal, can you convert a 30amp panel to be a 50amp?

Just curious as he was asking.

Thanks.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff wrote:

I’m afraid that would not be simple. I'm assuming he'd want to convert to our 50A 30+ gallon setup, so 2 elements per kettle. Some things that would have to be done:

• The 30A power input receptacle on the bottom would have to be replaced with a larger 50A model. This requires a larger hole in the enclosure. Not easy to do once the hole is already punched.
• You need 2 extra heating element receptacles on the bottom. There's no room on the 30A box for these. Would be easier to start with a new enclosure.
• All of the 30A relays and wiring need to be replaced with 50A versions. So lots of internal re-wiring.
• Certain tags would have to be replaced.
• You’d need to add 30A fuses to the element outputs. There is likely not room to do this without re-arranging the internal components.
• Probably some other things I’m not thinking about at the moment.

Is it impossible? No, but it’s probably less work to just build/buy a new panel.

Kal

chastuck

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff wrote:
All I can say it is 100% awesome! I am sad to see it go. I just had a dude swing by who is starting a craft brewery in Tijuana and was looking for an option. I am not sure he is going to pursue my set up, but it was an educational talk.

Just curious as he was asking.

Thanks.

As Kal said, not very practical to do. But you could add a breakout box controlled by the 30 amp panel to give you more power. Here's how I did it when I added an extra element to both the BK and HLT:

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27380&highlight=

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27382&highlight=

The breakout box gives you the option of switching the second element off if you want to. Also, by reversing the 12 signal lines plugs at the breakout box you have an additional option of running one 2400w element in the BK at the same time as a 5500w element in the HLT, or vice versa.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Bluegil422

PostLink    Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious if this system is still available?
Duff

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluegil422 wrote:
I am curious if this system is still available?

I'm in final steps to get it sold. Just working the logistics.
newkarian

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still available?
Duff

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: SOLD Reply with quote

SOLD
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Buy & Sell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: