Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Cold Brew Coffee

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dp Brewing Company

Drinking: Chocolate Taco, Raspberry Mango Cider, American X, Sandy Dunes

Working on: Nothing

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Cold Brew Coffee Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Anyone made any cold brew coffee and put it on nitro? I've got my first batch seeping right now. I'll put it on tap tonight and see tomorrow if it's any good or not.

View user's photo album (3 photos)
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a whole pot of cold coffee in a stout and didn't like it at first but after it aged I couldn't tell it was even in there

Drinking: Chocolate Taco, Raspberry Mango Cider, American X, Sandy Dunes

Working on: Nothing

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually dry hop (guess you can call it that) the coffee beans. I've done it with a course crush for 24 hours and no crush for 48 hours. Got about the same result. The trick I've found is you want local roasted coffee that has been roasted in the last 24-72 hours.
View user's photo album (3 photos)
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also did a fresh grind from beans and added to the mash, I'm thinking i needed a stronger roast flavor, I couldn't taste it and I figured i can get the same flavor with roasted barley or home roasted Vienna which I've tapped and drinking and love
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: