Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Recommended Camco Element Shims

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newfie-Brew

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Recommended Camco Element Shims Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey Everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've finally started building my electric brewhouse and am having an impossible time here in Canada finding the recommended shims for the Camco heating elements to make a "Blichmann-esque" seal. I could have them shipped from the US, but it's an add-on product on Amazon and so it'll end up costing a ton in unnecessary ordering.

Wondering if anybody has found a reliable equivalent here in Canada or if anybody has any spares that they could mail out.

Thanks!
Matt
BrewCrew

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

if your looking for the "Stainless steel washer/shim (0.075" thick, 1-1/2" ID, 2-1/4" OD)" used in the heating element build found here

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/Stainless-steel-washer-shim-0-075-thick-1-1-2-ID-2-1-4-OD

When I placed an order for them I had to buy a minimum order and have lots to spare and since I'm in canada it should be cheap for shipping to you depending where you reside.... so if these are the ones you need feel free to PM me and we can calculate a price.

Cheer

Jay
Newfie-Brew

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the one! PM sent!
GlenM

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you still have some washers / shins?
Newfie-Brew

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! BrewCrew sent me 2 and I've used them. No leaks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: