Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Keezer Regulator and Faucet Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghandlin

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Thx guys... I wish I could take credit for the woodworking, but my buddy put it together. I told him I wanted to help, but then he texted me the picture and said "Hey, sorry, didn't mean to not include you, but it was a rainy day and I had a few minutes" ... FEW MINUTES! Hahaha. Probably took him about 15 minutes knowing him.

8 kegs will fit in there. I'm very seriously considering putting the regulators outside the kezzer on the wall next to it. First to conserve space inside of course, but secondly, I want to put things on top of the unit since it's in a communal area. That way if I need to adjust the pressure I can do it without opening it up. And I think it would look cool (the wife may disagree... hehe)

The SS disconnects I read are easier to clean and easier to take on and off. I can say that they are definitely easier to take on and off for sure. Haven't cleaned them yet. Just have to make sure you get the plastic washer to put inline or you will leak - guess how I know? I just racked some DIPA last night and have them on one of the kegs to try it out.

ghandlin

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fseider wrote:
kal wrote:
For what it's worth, I already had regulators but if I had to buy again, this primary dual unit is what I'd get:
http://www.micromatic.com/premium/premium-series-dual-primary-co2-regulator-battery-642-battery?affId=70238

Kal

Just curious, being a newbie yet - What is the point or advantage of a dual primary? I would think that a single primary, feeding 8 secondaries is the way it's done. As I have not bought my primary yet (overlooked it, duh), I'll consider a dual primary if I understand the advantage. What am I overlooking?

Thanks,

To add to Kal's response below. A lot of people will get a dual so they can have two pressures split off. For instance, I have a dual on the other fridge in the lowest level that has a dual where one of the lines goes to a 3 way manifold so I can have 3 at my standard serving pressure and one at a different pressure. That would usually be the one I would carb from so I could dial the volume in a little better or force carb.

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For CO2 I have a couple of secondaries which are then both split about 4 ways so that I can carb at two different levels for the beers I have on tap. Higher carb level for Belgians/Wits/Hefe/Some lagers and then lower for most other styles.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
fseider

Location: Two Naked Frogs Brewery; Reading, PA (USA); Interests: Beer, Frogs, Steampunk, Being Naked

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
fseider wrote:
kal wrote:
For what it's worth, I already had regulators but if I had to buy again, this primary dual unit is what I'd get:
http://www.micromatic.com/premium/premium-series-dual-primary-co2-regulator-battery-642-battery?affId=70238

Kal

Just curious, being a newbie yet - What is the point or advantage of a dual primary? I would think that a single primary, feeding 8 secondaries is the way it's done. As I have not bought my primary yet (overlooked it, duh), I'll consider a dual primary if I understand the advantage. What am I overlooking?

Thanks,

My mistake! I thought that was a primary/secondary regulator. I read / answered too fast. Sorry for the confusion. I'd get whatever micromatic offers in their better quality single primary followed up by however many secondaries you need.

Kal

OK, that's what make more sense to me. Just keeping you on your toes Kal. Smile

"What's in your goblet?!"
---
Model 30A; SN 0130
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fseider wrote:
Just keeping you on your toes Kal. Smile

That's appreciated! Gotta keep the old noodle working... Wink

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: