Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Control Panel Outlet Wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveH

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Control Panel Outlet Wiring Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Guys,
Guess Im missing something - but how does one wire up the outlets on the control panel? In following the instructions, you are told to silicone them in place. By doing this, now you cannot clock the outlet in order to access the screws all around the outlet to connect the wiring to.
I then tried to take apart the outlet to connect the wiring through the bottom of the panel. This works for the main 230v input, but all the other outlets have smaller holes in the rear of them so the wiring insulation won't fit.

Thanks,
Steve
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure what you meant to type when you wrote "you cannot clock the outlet", but this hint from the instructions may help:

Quote:
Note: Depending on the style of the AC receptacles, you may find it difficult to tighten the screws that hold the wires in later steps. You may wish to hold off on installing the stove bolts/nuts and applying the silicone until after the AC receptacle wiring is done.

See: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/control-panel-part-1?page=13

I'm not sure what you mean by the following:

SteveH wrote:
I then tried to take apart the outlet to connect the wiring through the bottom of the panel. This works for the main 230v input, but all the other outlets have smaller holes in the rear of them so the wiring insulation won't fit.

Can you post a picture?

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: