Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Hop stopper for SSbrewtech kettles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiebrewer

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject: Hop stopper for SSbrewtech kettles? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anybody is using SSbrewtech kettles and if so what's you solution for a hop stopper? Iv emailed Dennis from innovative home brew solution and he cannot make them to fit the kettles as they are 12mm tube with an o-ring groove recess. I was thinking about a 1/2" compression fitting in place of the original adapter, although I will have to undo the ball valve after every brew day to clean it. Any other suggestions??

Thanks
Glen
grollins

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using SSBrewtech kettles. I replaced the bulkhead they provide with the brewer's hardware one and use it plus a compression fitting to mount the hop blocker. Dennis made one of the appropriate size for me. I gave him the wrong height, though, so had to cut down the dip tube a bit.

Here's the bulkhead:

https://www.brewershardware.com/Weldless-Bulkhead-1-2-MPT-X-1-2-FPT.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: