Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Vevor chiller - anybody using it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Yeast & Fermentation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piertous

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:34 pm    Post subject: Vevor chiller - anybody using it? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I'm looking at a water chiller for my fermenter (80L). Anybody has experience with the Vevor water chiller? It doesn't cool below 5-10 C, but I'm looking mostly to control fermentation temperature and I'm not ready to buy a 2500$ glycol unit. https://www.vevor.ca/water-chiller-c_11145/vevor-industrial-water-chiller-upgraded-cw-5200-16-l-min-for-laser-engraver-cnc-p_010316910171

[/img]

Vevor.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  176.46 KB
 Viewed:  2307 Time(s)

Vevor.jpg

JSB

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... I bought a :
VEVOR CW5200 Laser Industrial Water Chiller for CO2 Cutter Tube Laser Engraver
Item number: 142401010835

back in April for my other hobby (that is legal in NZ)... works great but I am keeping it 27C as that is half of the vapor temp that I am condensing. If you choke the output the unit will beep VERY loudly! The unit is basically an AC unit... a bit loud. Bought it for about $400 US shipped on Ebay.

No issues with the unit so far.

PS: I wish the level gauge was on the front. lastly the manual is a bit confusing.
piertous

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:43 pm    Post subject: Some precisions please Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, from your experience, do you think that unit could hold a 80 liters (20 gal) fermentation at 19 C ? And what do you mean by "choke " the unit 6 If you restrict the outflow it will beep an alarm ?
JSB

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Some precisions please Reply with quote

piertous wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, from your experience, do you think that unit could hold a 80 liters (20 gal) fermentation at 19 C ?

Sorry my use case can not answer that. What is your delta T? Like if you are asking in a basement, most likely... if you are in a very warm area then maybe not.

piertous wrote:
And what do you mean by "choke " the unit 6 If you restrict the outflow it will beep an alarm ?

The unit has a built in circulation pump, if the line (tubing you hook up at the back) is blocked (maybe by a closed valve) the unit will beep un till flow is restored.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Yeast & Fermentation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: