Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Weekend Warriors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> General Beer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dp Brewing Company

Drinking: Chocolate Taco, Raspberry Mango Cider, American X, Sandy Dunes

Working on: Nothing

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Going to keg up my cider tonight. No other brewing plans this weekend. To much other stuff going on.

Anyone else got brewing plans this weekend?

View user's photo album (3 photos)
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about it but I want to use this 34/70 yeast cake that's in the fermenter now, it had a crazy ride started fermenting an amber bock at 60 and slowly raising each day, it's 68 now and done, so I have it on it's D-Rest and could brew tomorrow but I don't want to rush it, anyone seen this yeast finish that fast?
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozarks Mountain Brew wrote:
I was thinking about it but I want to use this 34/70 yeast cake that's in the fermenter now, it had a crazy ride started fermenting an amber bock at 60 and slowly raising each day, it's 68 now and done, so I have it on it's D-Rest and could brew tomorrow but I don't want to rush it, anyone seen this yeast finish that fast?

You never mentioned how long it took. Wink

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m off today and Just finished touching up my new revised script, I changed it to send data one probe at a time and because of that I can hook more to it, before I was limited to 3, the data was getting cut off and now they send one probe at a time instead of all at once.

I use this for monitoring my brew day and my fermentation from my laptop or phone, it's handy

http://monitor.ozarksmountainbrew.com:3000/d/pqtmRy4iz456/test-session?refresh=5s&orgId=2&from=now-1h&to=now

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:

Kal

oh sorry 8 days of even fermenting

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:

Kal

oh sorry 8 days of even fermenting

I completely misread Kal's response. I thought he was joking and saying, "You never talk about how long it takes".

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! No, I read Ozarks' post 2-3 times trying to see if I missed the timeframe but it wasn't there. (Thought I was going crazy). Wink

So 8 days for 34/70 isn't unusual - when I pitch a healthy amount of the stuff it's often done in a week, fermenting at 50-52F.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually go 12 days on any beer, 10 for fermentation a 2 for a 70F rest, 34/70 usually takes twice that for me but I guess I did something right, I'd better retrace my steps lol

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm brewing this weekend, assuming the weather will cooperate, surprise cold front came through, you felt it DP? but to me perfect brewing weather since I brew outdoors, Crazy right? I like my deck lounging what can I say, but this will be on top of the amber bock yeast cake and making a vienna blond, should have been reversed right? oh well it will be good, it always is lol

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did feel the weather change and don't enjoy it. I miss living in Bham where it was summer 3 quarters of the year. It has also been raining everyday here.

I'm heading to a beer festival this weekend in New Franklin, MO. It's the third year in a row for me. Festival is called the Mo Mug Festival. I'm bringing three kegs. White Shadow Stout, Rye Not Today, and a Cider.

dp Brewing Company

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The festival was a blast like that last few years. Went though 10 gallons of beer and 5 gallons of cider in about 2 hours.
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brewed today and had company over and decided not to chill since it's getting cold at night I just left 2 -7 gallon cubes outside to chill over night, I have some Aussie friends that do it every batch and thought I'd try it out, last batch I did a Vienna lager the same and it's fine, not as clear but perfect taste

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to crush my grain yesterday and the motor won't turn on. Just a hum. I took the motor apart and oiled everything. Still doesn't run. So I ordered a new capacitor. I hope that fixes the issue.
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had nothing to do this morning and was doodling and time go away from me, all the sudden I drew a new rig lol this is how mine looks now but with hoses and cheap kettles , this would be all stainless TC parts and custom made kettles with tapered bottom drains, as I was thinking about this what got me was hard plumbing clean out drains, nothing is to scale or accurate and I showed the bottom valves so it looks off I know, any thoughts?

brewrig&stand.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.21 KB
 Viewed:  18849 Time(s)

brewrig&stand.jpg

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it and like the idea of a fixed system. Are the clean out's 3 way valves?
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes they are, everything you see with 3 flanges are 3 way but the issue is on the left pump that valve only goes from the left up or right up and does not cross, it's an L port, I guess I could change that to a T but for now I had to add 3 drain ports because of that

I guess I forgot the bottom of the coil that's a 3 way too

Last edited by Ozarks Mountain Brew on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is I priced this out from a retail shop, just the piping and with all TC parts and valves it came to 2 grand and I'm guessing the kettles will be the same so 4 grand modification

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also added a coil for this drawing for chilling instead of using the hlt

brewrig&stand - Copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.74 KB
 Viewed:  18801 Time(s)

brewrig&stand - Copy.jpg

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about doing something like this but I feel there would be a lot of wasted wort in all the lines. Plus more surface area to clean inside the pipes. Have you looked to see if you can get smaller diameter pipe?
Ozarks Mountain Brew

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's all 1 inch TC which is 1/2" mpt just like hoses and my system is just like this now with hoses, I do have some waste but not much because whats in the pipes is actually trub when filling the carboy so its fine but cleaning is easy just use the water from chilling, I also flush the whole system after brewing now and use a strong spray through everything I'm a little worried I would still have to take apart a few pieces to clean on this set up
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> General Beer Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: