Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

50A Back-to-back with IEC connectors ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigvalen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: 50A Back-to-back with IEC connectors ? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I recently got a 50A back-to-back kit, and while making it up, realised that the NEMA connectors aren't quite to code in Ireland. We seem to mostly use IEC60309 for high current stuff.

Does anyone have recommendations for connectors that'd fit into NEMA-sized holes ? Or should I go 'screw it', and just go with the NEMA sockets ? Seems it's pretty..hard to get 50A rated connectors on the usual websites Smile

John
chastuck

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 50A Back-to-back with IEC connectors ? Reply with quote

bigvalen wrote:
I recently got a 50A back-to-back kit, and while making it up, realised that the NEMA connectors aren't quite to code in Ireland. We seem to mostly use IEC60309 for high current stuff.

Does anyone have recommendations for connectors that'd fit into NEMA-sized holes ? Or should I go 'screw it', and just go with the NEMA sockets ? Seems it's pretty..hard to get 50A rated connectors on the usual websites Smile

John

If I was you I would stick with the NEMA. I bought the 30A kit with NEMA inputs and outputs and they are strictly speaking not kosher in the UK either. However, they are safe and they work, so just fit them.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: