Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

3rd Pump addition

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandovalch

Working on: Irish Red Ale, American Amber Ale

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: 3rd Pump addition Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have added a third pump on my setup. Single pump for each kettle. The latest one is for the BK only.
The reason? There are two basic reasons:
1. When doing back to back brewing, the pump for the filter was always in use when finishing with the boil kettle. So I had to finish boiling before stating the next filter step.
2. Since my system is PLC controlled and has solenoid valves, the solenoid valves do not work perfectly with pressure. When I was sending the wort to chill the counterpressure from the chiller let a "little bit" of wort back to the filter. I had to close the hose "somehow".
I have just finished installing, hope to do a batch tomorrow and lets see how it turns out

DSC_0040.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  77.6 KB
 Viewed:  8089 Time(s)

DSC_0040.JPG

Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice move. I have 3 pumps as well, but use the 3rd as a spare on standby, only because I can.

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use three pumps. The third is used to pump water from the cold liquor tank, where I prefer to add my treatments rather than in the HLT. I get a little concerned about adding acid into a stainless steel vessel. The third pump is also an immediate standby in case of pump failure. I modified my control panel with an auxiliary pump output for the power for the third pump.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
dp Brewing Company

Drinking: Chocolate Taco, Raspberry Mango Cider, American X, Sandy Dunes

Working on: Nothing

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else using 3 pumps? I'm rebuilding my panel and will be adding a third pump. Just trying to get some ideas.
View user's photo album (3 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: