Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

SS Brew Tech conical

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Yeast & Fermentation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iBrewBeer

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: SS Brew Tech conical Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Has anyone used or currently using their conicals?

I was looking at the 1/2 bbl jacketed temp controlled. I would like to try and control my temps better and hoping this is a great solution. For the price, it seems like a great deal and from what I have heard, their customer service is great.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to go all out, see this thread:

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28624

Good luck!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
iBrewBeer

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that - that's a complete desirable setup. I love the control panel for it, everything looks very slick.
David_H

Drinking: Dry Irish Stout, Electric Pale Ale, American Amber Ale, Irish Red Ale

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iBB,

I recently purchased the 13 gallon version of the SS Brewtech Conical. I got their chiller package but I am using my own "DIY Glycol Chiller" and I installed the cooling coil through the side and not the top. I have my first beer in the fermenter and things are going mostly ok. It is easy to hold the temp in the 60-70 F range, however a little more difficult to hold in the low 30's.

My Glycol Chiller is a 5K BTU window A/C and a 40 qt Cooler. The A/C is stripped down and the cooling coil is relocated into the glycol/water bath to chill the water. The water is pumped through the SS Coil in the fermenter. I have 2 gallons of Propylene Glycol in the chilling water at about 30% Glycol:water. It should have a freezing point about 7°F. The A/C starts to freeze up with the G/W bath in the low 20's. The lowest I have been able to get the ferment is about 37-38F.

As far as the controller, I have 2 Love TSS2 connected to the A/C and a couple of pond pumps

I am headed out of town for about a week, so no photos.

All the best, David

Kal Clone Controller
20 gallon Spike Brewing 3-Kettle System
SS Brewtech 14 gallon fermenter w/ gycol chiller
4 tap keezer with Nitro Tap
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Yeast & Fermentation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: