Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

FBC Brewery Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GozzieBoy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Love your pipe light fixture. Curious as to how you connected the flange to the wall (electrical side). What kind of electrical junction box (if any) did you use, and then how did you connect/cover the box with the flange? I assume you used a 1/2-inch FTP flange? Many thanks!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GozzieBoy wrote:
Love your pipe light fixture. Curious as to how you connected the flange to the wall (electrical side). What kind of electrical junction box (if any) did you use, and then how did you connect/cover the box with the flange? I assume you used a 1/2-inch FTP flange? Many thanks!

Sorry for the delay on this. I just drilled through the grout and glass tile with a tile bit and secured the 1/2" FTP flange directly to the fiber board using screws. I do not have an electrical junction box directly behind the flange, although that would have been a good idea. I used the crimp/heat-shrink wire connectors and wrapped each wire in electrical tape and inserted the connections into the light fixture base.
GozzieBoy

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, McGruber. Good timing, as I am about to complete my install this week. I had decided to go the exact same route that you did vis-a-vis wiring, since I could not find a box that worked with the flange. Also, I think the metal lamp itself can also serve as "the box" for the wiring connections, especially if the piping is grounded, which I intend to do. Thanks, again, looks great!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GozzieBoy wrote:
Thanks, McGruber. Good timing, as I am about to complete my install this week. I had decided to go the exact same route that you did vis-a-vis wiring, since I could not find a box that worked with the flange. Also, I think the metal lamp itself can also serve as "the box" for the wiring connections, especially if the piping is grounded, which I intend to do. Thanks, again, looks great!

Thank you and good luck! I grounded my metal piping as well. Post pictures!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Equipment and Setups All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: