Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Heating/Cooling Temperature Controller using Auber SYL-2352?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Yeast & Fermentation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject: Heating/Cooling Temperature Controller using Auber SYL-2352? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Has anyone tried building a heating and cooling temperature controller with the Auber Instruments SYL-2352 PID controller (& Pt100 temperature probe) used in Kal's setup? I can't seem to figure out the wiring and/or programming. I've never done anything like this so no surprise I'm having trouble. I hope to get the PID and probe wired up to a SSR (for the chest freezer), fuse(s) where necessary, and 110v wall outlet so freezer and bulbs (or tiny space heater) can easily be plugged/unplugged. Anyone with any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!
Tungsten

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong here, but...

I don't believe that particular model can support two-stage temperature control. It can function in either heating or cooling mode alone, but not both at the same time. For fermentation and a chest freezer, a PID is not really necessary anyway, nor do you really want one because cycling your chest freezer on and off so often will absolutely kill it. Something like this is more than enough and what many homebrewers use:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OXPE8U6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00OXPE8U6&linkCode=as2&tag=theelectricbrewery-20&linkId=YNPTGBZDEZ3JMZRX
m

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was wondering if it was even capable of dual temperature control. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a look.
David_H

Drinking: Dry Irish Stout, Electric Pale Ale, American Amber Ale, Irish Red Ale

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on the Ink Bird STC-1000. I just build a 4-keg Keezer and using that controller; very easy to wire up. I also have a controller based on the Love TSS2. The Love has a lot more programming options but is significantly more expensive. The Ink Bird STC-1000 is most capable.

David

Kal Clone Controller
20 gallon Spike Brewing 3-Kettle System
SS Brewtech 14 gallon fermenter w/ gycol chiller
4 tap keezer with Nitro Tap
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Yeast & Fermentation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: