Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

My first propagation and pitch (sanity check plz)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jered

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: My first propagation and pitch (sanity check plz) Reply with quote

First off, love you guys and thanks in advance. I'm not sure if my thought process is correct here.

I'm brewing 40 gallons of Ale and 40 gallons of HG Ale.

I'm going with:
6 million cells per Ml for the Ale
12 million cells per Ml for the HG Ale

I'm starting with a wyeast 125ml smack pack 200billion cells

I'm estimating that I need:

For the ale 908 Billion cells / 1.29 Liter
For the HG ale 1,817 Billion cells / 2.58 Liters

The part that I'm not sure on is the stepping up.
I'm planning on making wort with 1g of DME per 10ml of water.
Should I just put the pack in 1 L of wort then step it up in 48 hours after SG has dropped 50-75% to 10L?

Does that make sense or are my ratios and everything off? Is that pack extremely 'dense' and I could go direct to something bigger?

Thanks in advance,

Jered
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Brewing Techniques All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: