Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Water Chemistry Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> General Beer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaxfixr

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Water Chemistry Question Reply with quote

Folks, I wonder if anyone can help me understand the difference water chemistry makes on a beer? I've been modifying my well water to emulate Burton on Trent (CA2=270, MG2=41,, NA=113, CL=85, SO4=720, HCO3=270) My water report is written in milligrams/liter and lists the following: Calcium=39, Magnesium=6, Sodium=6, Chloride=7, Sulfate=0, Alkalinity (Total as CaCO3)=100, Hardness =120. Using BeerSmith, additions for 14 Gal HLT =9.1 g Gypsum, 23.6 Epsom, 3.5 CaCl, 8.6 soda and 4.3 g Chalk. When I consider switching to Randy Mosher profile, the first question is, What is the target HCO3 #? Secondly, the additions change from 9.1g Gypsum to 16.6g, from 23.6 g Epsom to 13.6g, from 3.5g CaCl to 1.2g, from 8.6g soda to none, from 4.3g chalk to none, and add 2.3g table salt; Question: How will this effect my beer? Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> General Beer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: