Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
Home ]   [ Products ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ What's New ]   [ About / Contact  ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Discounted Blichmann G1 kettles

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: German Lager, Electric Hop Candy Jr, Scottish 70/-, Janet's Brown, Maibock, Kolsch, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

Working on: West Coast Blaster (American Red IPA)

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Discounted Blichmann G1 kettles Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
EDIT: Looking to buy G1 kettles at a discount? "Cosmetic defect" units are available at a special lower price. Many have indicated that the kettles they receive seem perfect, so Blichmann may just be liquidating old stock as these are discontinued:

http://shop.greatfermentations.com/product/blichmann-boilermaker-sd/blichmann-boilermaker-brew-pots?a=ebrew

Ships SAME DAY for orders in by 3 p.m. EST!

We prefer these over the new G2 kettles. See here for why: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27425

Using our links helps support our site at no additional cost to you - thank you!

Kal

Last edited by kal on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:07 am; edited 5 times in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Creepy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick kettle feedback... Ordered these "scratch and dent" kettles on the 18th from AiH, delivered to my door in the Chicago area on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas me... Opened them right away to look for what I feared would be glaring dings or scratches. Without a direct comparison to a "perfect" model I still can't find any notable flaws on any of the 3. These kettles look amazing. If anyone considered these even for a moment, don't hesitate any longer, buy them before they're all gone. New G1 kettles at an awesome price! Thanks for sharing the news of this great deal Kal.
Cheers!
Scott

image.jpg
 Description:
3 Wisemen
 Filesize:  159.39 KB
 Viewed:  19329 Time(s)

image.jpg

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: German Lager, Electric Hop Candy Jr, Scottish 70/-, Janet's Brown, Maibock, Kolsch, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback - makes me want to buy new kettles all over again!

Kal

Mr Walleye

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful sight, and most certainly a wonderful Christmas!
LakeErieMonster

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I have heard from everyone who has bought the "scratch and dent" kettles. How long did it take for Blichmann to ship these "scratch and dent" G1's to you?
Creepy

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They shipped 5 days after I ordered them. Then it was only 1 day from their facility to my door. Great packaging and I did have a blichmann false bottom in with it all.
Besk one

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 2 10 Gallon Kettles for Xmas. I was told they shipped and were delivered in 4 days.

The ones I got were ordered as cosmetic defects but they are 100% flawless, not a dent scrape or scratch on them!
iBrewBeer

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered mine this weekend!
chastuck

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a 20 gall one plus false bottom this past weekend as well. I live in the UK, so I hope I don't find problems with it - it's a long way to send it back. Even including likely import duties, it was far cheaper to buy a G1 kettle in the US and ship to the UK rather than buy one from a UK store.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Besk one

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look pretty good to me! Bonus picture of the new hop stopper installed. So shiiiiiiny!

IMG_4674.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  197.14 KB
 Viewed:  19137 Time(s)

IMG_4674.jpeg

IMG_2040.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.47 KB
 Viewed:  19137 Time(s)

IMG_2040.jpg

LGarby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal,

Just wanted to start off thanking you for the time and effort you put into this site. I have been lurking here for some time now trying to absorb as much info as possible and would love to move forward with a setup like yours but living in an apartment is holding me back. I have been toying with purchasing these ever since the G2s came out and finally pulled the trigger even though they will most likely just be sitting in my garage until I can move to a larger place. The $100 savings per kettle (factoring in the cost of replacing the linear valves) was just too enticing.

I should have them in a weeks time and will report back with how they look.

Regards,
Loren
chastuck

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Blichmann 20 gallon discounted pot (and false bottom) arrived here in the UK on Saturday 17 Jan. It was in perfect condition with not a mark on it. I was surprised to find that the sight glass unit can be turned upside down to give a litres scale, which is the preferred volume measurement in Europe. I had already asked the supplier to swap out the Fahrenheit dial thermometer for the Celsius one. Even after including shipping and UK import costs, the cost of the pot was far cheaper than I could have bought it here. So, all in all, I am a very satisfied customer.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
LGarby

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently received three of these 20G pots and like everyone else has said they drop shipped directly from Blichmann. Upon inspection, I noticed 1-2 small scratches/dents on 2 of the pots which you would only see if you were looking for something wrong and being very picky. The third had some more noticeable marks on the outside that appear to be either residue or missed spots from the polishing process. I am going to try and buff them out with some barkeepers friend and see if that helps at all.

Over all, I believe that they are worth the $100 savings you receive over buying a G2 with a new 3 piece ball valve.
Lancejames22

Drinking: Pending

Working on: Pending

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I ordered (3) 20 gallon G1 boiler makers from "Great Ferminations". They were $387.00 a piece and I paid a total of $57.00 shipping for all three. I couldn't find and noticeable dents of scratches. I'm glad I held off on buying these for so long.

Drunken Botanist

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently purchased 3 of the 30 gallon kettles marked as "Cosmetic Defect" for my long awaited brewery upgrade. AiH was out of the 20 gal G1's so I decided to go the next size up to future proof myself. For the three 30 gal G1's I paid only slightly more than I would for the new 20 gal G2's, and the shipping was free through AiH. AiH also has a great rewards program (this order awarded me over $80 towards my next purchase).

Blichmann says it's a 1 week lead time on these kettles, but I received all 3 kettles directly from Blichmann just 4 days after my order was initiated by AiH. The best part is two of the pots arrived in perfect condition, and one only had a very tiny blemish on the side at the very top (you can only see it in a certain light and has no effect on brewing). As others have mentioned, ever since Blichmann discontinued the G1 kettles I think they're just clearing out their old inventory so you're likely to get a kettle in great condition. Couldn't be happier with my purchase, and look forward to hooking them up soon!
jmgumballhead

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all.
anyone here want to sell a 30gallon G1 kettle. actually need a MAsh tun to be specific.
looking to help a brew club friend. he has a 20 gallon he would sell to help off set cost.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmgumballhead wrote:
hey all.
anyone here want to sell a 30gallon G1 kettle. actually need a MAsh tun to be specific.
looking to help a brew club friend. he has a 20 gallon he would sell to help off set cost.

Keep in mind that the false bottom (sold separately) for a G2 will also work on a G1. They're interchangeable. (True for all kettle sizes except the 15 gallons).

So if you find a 30 gallon G1 kettle, don't worry if they didn't have a mash tun false bottom available. You can buy one here: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/Blichmann-BoilerMaker-false-bottom-for-30-gallon-kettle

Cheers!

Kal

sillbeer

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 30 gallon false bottom that I could sell. Let me think of a price and maybe we could work something out. Send me a PM if you are interested. I have a 30 for my BK, and 20's for my HLT and MT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: