Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

High resolution photos of 30A panel wiring
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFB

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I ordered and assembled my control panel while my basement was being finished. Which meant I didn't have a 30amp available to test as I went.... Given this I'm double/triple checking my wiring against the directions. Beyond following the testing directions the best I can as i'm not going to undo everything.... I'd welcome any specific tips. based on the directions it sounds wise to unplug the meters as they could fry.

Additionally, I noticed in the high def 30 amp photos some wiring going to the pump switches that I don't have. Anyone see what I'm missing?

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFB wrote:
I ordered and assembled my control panel while my basement was being finished. Which meant I didn't have a 30amp available to test as I went.... Given this I'm double/triple checking my wiring against the directions. Beyond following the testing directions the best I can as i'm not going to undo everything.... I'd welcome any specific tips. based on the directions it sounds wise to unplug the meters as they could fry.

Yes. Best to ensure the voltages are all correct before you plug them in.
Check out the "volt and amp meters" section of the testing/troubleshooting tips for more: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25460

Quote:
Additionally, I noticed in the high def 30 amp photos some wiring going to the pump switches that I don't have. Anyone see what I'm missing?

You may have missed the SAFE START INTERLOCK wiring steps: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/control-panel-safe-start-interlock

Good luck!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
DFB

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You may have missed the SAFE START INTERLOCK wiring steps: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/control-panel-safe-start-interlock

Good luck!

Kal

Bingo! I stopped at mounting on Control Panel Part 2 as I wanted to test it first. So should I actually add the safe start before testing? Makes sense to me as I write that!
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFB wrote:
Bingo! I stopped at mounting on Control Panel Part 2 as I wanted to test it first. So should I actually add the safe start before testing? Makes sense to me as I write that!

I'd recommend testing before you add the safe start interlock as once you add it (if done incorrectly) some issues may be harder to pinpoint. If everything works without the safe start interlock in place you'll know that if things STOP working after you add it, that the issue is with the last safe start interlock changes you made.

Always best to test as you build, but not everyone knows how to do that. I'm (slowly) moving all the instructions to our new website so I'll consider adding steps to test as you build, at least for the 30A instructions, for those who have a multimeter and know how to test. That's an interesting idea, but a bit of a catch-22 as someone familiar with wiring probably knows exactly what to test and how.

Good luck!

Kal

somethinfishy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the component between the 2 dc power supplies and the 2 terminal buses? I don't find it in my build instructions.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

somethinfishy wrote:
What is the component between the 2 dc power supplies and the 2 terminal buses? I don't find it in my build instructions.

This part here?: https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/pages/10a-8-pin-2-pole-ice-cube-plug-in-relay-with-110-120v-ac-coil

Looks like this:

That is the SAFE START RELAY. See the last section of your build instructions, or online here (assuming you're building a 30A panel): http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/control-panel-safe-start-interlock

Good luck!

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: