Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Alarm Buzzer/Light wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waldoorfian

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Alarm Buzzer/Light wiring Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I noticed while trying to wire up my buzzer and alarm light that your diagram and pictures don't match. I read where it is described how some pictures have "extra wires" but in this case, the wiring based on the diagram doesn't seem to match. The diagram shows the hot (black) wire going into the alarm light body first the to the buzzer. There seems to be a black wire going from the wort pump switch all the way up to the buzzer. Is this a case of creative wiring as described, or am I confused?
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion. This text from the instructions (right before the first set of wiring diagrams) should help:

Quote:
Since this is the first wiring diagram, here are some hints:

You may notice what appears to be extra wires in some of the close-up photos when compared to the wiring diagrams. This is normal. For example, in the wiring diagram immediately below the 120V power light connects to the HOT and NEUTRAL bus only (2 wires, one black, one white) but in the photos further below there are 4 wires. This is because other parts that need to be wired to the HOT and NEUTRAL bus later on were wired to the two sides of the 120V power light instead. The result is the same. There's no need to send 10 pairs of wires all the way back to the buses each time.

Link: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/control-panel-part-2?page=7

Good luck!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Waldoorfian

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you are saying forget the pictures and wire it up based on the diagrams. Okay, got it!
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! That's it! I've toyed with the idea of removing the picture completely as it confuses the issue like this but then they can be useful for other things. You can't ever see all the wiring anyway in the pictures (impossible to wire just based on the pictures) so I'm hoping most people are ignoring them... The question you asked here however does come up about once a month.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: