Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

90-minute IPA clone from Dogfish Head

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OkieDokie

Drinking: Electric ale, Weizen

Working on: Electric lager, American Amber Ale, Dirty Blonde

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: 90-minute IPA clone from Dogfish Head Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Had a request for this beer from my brother-in-law, so I am going to make it tomorrow. I will report on the recipe and how things go. Never had it before either, so it will be new all around.
Fejj

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

90 Minute is a great IPA but its pretty alcoholic so tread lightly when drinking a few, itll get ya wrecked;)
OkieDokie

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brewed it today and it went off smashingly. Got it fermenting and excited to try it. About 8.7% abv according to recipe so we'll see. Had a big grain bill, 36.3 pounds, but smelled great. I have tweaked the hops a bit with the help of local brew shop, but AAU numbers will be pretty darn close. Will report back with complete recipe. Got the clone from Brew magazine, 250 recipes. Really cool to look at the clones around.
OkieDokie

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just kegged this 90-min IPA and "sampled" it for quality control issues. It's pretty good so far. Excited to try it out. It's much lighter in color than I thought it would be.
JGlav

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: how'd it taste Reply with quote

Just curious how this turned out for you after kegged?
Did you post the recipe?

Cheers
OkieDokie

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic beer. One that will stay on tap at my house. Have finished the 10 gallons I made so have to make another batch. I will post the recipe but it is found in Brew Magazine special issue of 250 beers to clone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Recipes & Ingredients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: