Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Blichmann fermenter (lower prices) and kettle sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Blichmann fermenter (lower prices) and kettle sale Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!

Here's something you don't see very often: Blichmann having a sale! They normally follow a MAP (minimum advertised price) rule with their retailers so this is actually the first time I've ever heard of this.

Oct 9 update: Some retailers have pointed out that the Blichmann conical fermenters are not technically on sale - it's simply a lowering of MAP prices by Blichmann allowing retailers to sell at lower prices (likely to compete with the increased number of conical fermenters now available, including some that are heated/cooled).

The fermenters are brand new stock while the kettles are G1 and G2 models with 'slight cosmetic damage'.

See the Blichmann kettle sale items, only available at: Great Fermentations.

See the Blichmann conical fermenters, available at:
Using our links helps support our site at no additional cost to you - thank you!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:21 pm; edited 10 times in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Vesteroid

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish they had 20 gallons on, I would have bought them.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original post updated as some other retailers are now featuring Blichmann conical fermenters at sale prices. Happy fermenting!

Vesteroid wrote:
Wish they had 20 gallons on, I would have bought them.

Yup! Though the 30's are a good choice too. When I boil long (start with more pre-boil wort) even the 20's sometimes seem like barely enough and I have to watch & stir carefully during the initial heating to avoid boilovers when making 10 gallon batches. (30 gallon pots would have let me do 15 gallon batches too).

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
wscottcross

Drinking: Launch IPA, Double Sunshine clone, Maple Coffee breakfast stout

Working on: expanding my beer horizons (and my beltline)

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:

Yup! Though the 30's are a good choice too. When I boil long (start with more pre-boil wort) even the 20's sometimes seem like barely enough and I have to watch & stir carefully during the initial heating to avoid boilovers when making 10 gallon batches. (30 gallon pots would have let me do 15 gallon batches too).

Kal

Exactly the reason I went with 30's. I went through several kettle upgrades and decided to go big this time. My concern now is staying under the 100 gal/year legal limit here in CT. I don't know why they decided to halve the federal limit. I guess I'll just have to let my neighbor borrow the system and brew a few batches. He'll be so upset to do it (/sarcasm).
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: