Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Control Panel (30A Kit) Build with Some Mods
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShortVersion

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I finished the chiller and pump bases. Here are a few pictures.

[/img]
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work!

I put some rubber feet on my pump stand before I repainted it recently as well - helps with vibrations/noise.

My stand doesn't look anywhere near as nice as yours however!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Rotten

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question about the stainless shields your using there.... Are they the heat shields from Blichmann kettles like Kal's? I recently got some Blichmanns and the shields I got from them now have a big slot in the middle of them for latching onto the Blichmann stands which basically renders them useless for this.
ShortVersion

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kal ~ Thanks. I don't think anyone will notice the pump bases in that awesome setup you have. Wink

@Rotten ~ I did not use the heat shields that came with the Blichmann Kettles because of the slots. I ordered two 24 gauge 6"x10" SS sheets from onlinemetals.com at a very reasonable price. Here is the link:

http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=714&step=4&showunits=inches&id=30&top_cat=1

Use the section for Custom Cut.

Cheers...
biglakewill

Drinking: Barley Wine

Working on: Weissbeir

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShortVersion, First off absolutely fantastic build!! I have downloaded your cutting files, with the hope of getting my CP, that will arrive Friday, cut out. You said some waterjetting facilities can't handle the top and bottom of the box. Why is that? I have sent the files out to a local waterjet cutting facility and am waiting for a quote. Hopefully they will be able to handle the job.

Again fantastic job and I am sure your pics will be a great help during my build.

Brgds/Bill
ateene

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a local waterjet company to cut my CP. They were able to cut the bottom holes, they had to dissemble part of the table to be able to cut the bottom holes and use a blast shield in order to protect the inside and avoid cutting the top. It was still reasonable priced, it cost $30 to cut the holes in the door and $50 for the bottom.

thirsty

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible! Really nice work man. I really like the wiring mod.

I'm going to pm you about your cad file for the cutouts. I have a buddy who is more than willing to do it for me if I get him some cad files.

Can't wait to see more. Mug
davejtaylor1

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShortVersion - great looking build. Definitely something to strive for as I assemble my kit. I was looking at the internals and just wondering where you sourced your fuse holder and ground strip?

Looking forward to seeing more pics as the build progresses Mug
ShortVersion

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was looking at the internals and just wondering where you sourced your fuse holder and ground strip?

Thanks, davejtaylor1.

I bought the fuse holder on ebay, here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321076478429&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160. You can purchase the terminal blocks at any Radio Shack.

Good luck with your kit.

Edit - Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking when I responded to your question. In reference to the ground strip, you can get that at your local HD or any electrical supply house.

Last edited by ShortVersion on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
ShortVersion

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captwill wrote:
ShortVersion, First off absolutely fantastic build!! I have downloaded your cutting files, with the hope of getting my CP, that will arrive Friday, cut out. You said some waterjetting facilities can't handle the top and bottom of the box. Why is that? I have sent the files out to a local waterjet cutting facility and am waiting for a quote. Hopefully they will be able to handle the job.

Again fantastic job and I am sure your pics will be a great help during my build.

Brgds/Bill

Thanks, Bill. Sorry for the late response. I must have overlooked your post. I hope the CAD files were helpful in getting your CP cut out. The water jet and the computer assisted drilling/milling machines come in different sizes and they have maximum capacity limits. Capacity dictates the cost of the machine. Most of the water jet companies use machines for flat work and that's what the machine is usually set up for and it takes time to change the height of the table to cut something that is bulky. Some shops will not make that change and some will at an additional cost. Depending on what type of work a shop does, production or custom. Shop around. Use the beer card. People are always interested in home brewed beer. Wink
Have you got your CP cut out yet?
biglakewill

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shortversion.... CP is out being cut now. The door is being waterjetted and the top and bottom of the box being machine cut. I hope to have them back this week. We will see how your files worked when they return. I couldn't pass up the price....$50!! I will post a couple of pictures once I get them back.
fireslayer

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking build!
biglakewill

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShortVersion - Just got my CP back after having it cut using your DFX files. They worked great for everything except the power light on the door. Your placement is exactly where the ground post is located on the new and improved box. No one noticed it until the door was cut and the ground post was removed. Oh well, the box still looks GREAT! I will come up with a fix for the ground post. Thank you again for making your files and work available.

Bill
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShortVersion (Mehmet): How's the build coming along? Do you have any pictures of your entire brewery setup you'd like to share? I'm curious to see what your brewing area looks like as I'm sure are others!

Kal

bundlz

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShortVersion,

Thanks for the CAD files, fantastic job man! I'm in the process of my build and I'm absolutely inspired by this.

Thank you again,

Bundz
kungfudrinx

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Job! I'm extremely jealous! Thank you for providing the cutout files, but where / how did you find a waterjet machine to use? I always assumed that they were rather expensive and specialized services, not something you could just do one-off stuff on.
Kian

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Control Panel (30A Kit) Build with Some Mods Reply with quote

ShortVersion wrote:

The CP had to be sand blasted to bare metal (see test area on the picture above) before powder coating so I had to remove the door gasket.

Awesome build. I had my panel powder coated as well but I am having a tough time finding the NEMA 4 and 12 rated foam tape to replace the door gasket that I had to remove. Did you buy the replacement foam gasket tape (not sure if that is the proper terminology) online? If so, do you mind posting a link of where you bought it from?

Thanks in advance.
BayArea

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: wiring used Reply with quote

Shortversion,
Great job on your build so far, cant wait to see more of your entire setup. I have a question regarding the wiring used. I see very nice 90 degree bends in your wiring, were you able to do this with stranded wire, or did you use solid core wiring?
kuestess

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal or Mehmet, can you share what you used on your pump motors to dampen vibration? From the picture above, it almost looks like an airlock grommet. Thanks!
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used 4 screw-on rubber feet that look something like this:

Couldn't find any at Home Depot or similar so I bought them off ebay for a buck or two. Some examples:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=rubber+feet&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.Xrubber+feet+with+screws&_nkw=rubber+feet+with+screws&_sacat=0&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&campid=5336652980&toolid=20008&mkevt=1

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: