Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Got Panels?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike Innovations
TheElectricBrewery.com manufacturer

Working on: Your Brewery!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Got Panels? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So I've realized I've been near non-existent here or anywhere else due to the exceptional amount of orders we have received over the past few months. Business has been great this year and I have all of you to thank for it!

We've been busy with all our pre-built panels for quite some time but I think we finally have all our supply chain issues un-kinked. While it may take a few weeks to get caught back up and start reducing lead times on ALL of our products, we hope to do so later this summer. This also means designing, developing, and releasing new products.

Thought I would give you guys a little peek of what it looks like around here this week (I've never had this many in process at the same time)

All of you who have been patiently waiting for your panels, have no fear they are on there way!

Mike

Drinking: Perogi Pale, NEIPA, Nutter's Crossing Nut Brown Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter Clone

Working on: Max's Maibock

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen your work firsthand from one of your customers and it is amazing. Anyone who is waiting for their panel will be rewarded with an immaculate set up.
wubears71

Drinking: Keg 1- Hefenweizen, Keg 2- Vanilla Scotch Porter, Keg 3-Munich Helles

Working on: Stinky IPA

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize youdid so many different configuration types. Nice work there.
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wubears71 wrote:
I didn't realize youdid so many different configuration types. Nice work there.

The second panel from the left in the bottom row is a 50 amp panel - it has 4 heating element sockets. This is a model that we currently offer in kit form but we hope to have it up for sale assembled soon (I know we've been saying that for some time). Wink

The 3rd in the top row and the last in the bottom row are special 2-PID (instead of 3) panels that are going into a US based distillery startup.

Nice work Mike!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The packaging used for these panels has also been reworked to offer greater protection and less work on Mike's part by using custom double-walled boxes and custom polyethylene closed-cell foam inserts:

In the picture it looks like regular flaky styrofoam that breaks easily when flexed but it is not. It's not that stuff that leaves millions of little staticky balls stuck to your fingers. Wink

Polyethylene closed-cell foam is perfect for heavier items as it has a high IFD (Indentation Force Deflection) value, but still retains some flexibility so that it doesn't crumble like regular styrofoam when force is applied.

The fit on the panel is tight as a glove, so it's supported across the entire length and height of the panel. The fit between the inserts and the box is also nice and tight. So there's zero shifting/movement. The panels themselves are wrapped in plastic first too, just in case. The picture above is just a fit test that Mike sent me.

We want these panels to arrive safely anywhere in the world!

Kal

Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is some nice stuff. You guys are doing it right and I wish you all the success in the world. Cheers! Mug
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below are some nicer shots of that 50-amp panel that Mike took yesterday....

From the front it appears just like the regular 30 amp panel. Mike was able to get everything to fit into the standard 16x16x8 panel which is great!:

Below there are two extra heating element receptacles to allow two heating elements per kettle. The power input connector is also beefed up to allow 50A instead of 30A:

On the inside most of the 30A wiring and components are upgraded to 50A. Since the input is now 50A we use a whole series of extra fuses to protect the 30A wiring. You can see it below just above the heating element receptacles. These are not needed on the 30A panel since the 30A panel breaker provides this protection:

Kal

Garyr2973

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one great looking panel. I think Mike needs a raise!
huaco

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garyr2973 wrote:

No, he needs some time off so he can FINALLY make his OWN panel! lol!
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Spike Innovations
TheElectricBrewery.com manufacturer

Working on: Your Brewery!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huaco wrote:
Garyr2973 wrote:

No, he needs some time off so he can FINALLY make his OWN panel! lol!

+1...still don't have one. I've had all the parts for the kettles and everything else sitting here for months!!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of the age old fairy tale of the Shoemaker.

Funny enough Kal has made a video and introduces it, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTPIPeCBzeY

If you watch closely, just after the 4 minute mark I think you can see the second panel from the left in the bottom row is a 50 amp panel. I just hope I can score one of those white sequin jumpsuits. Sweet.

Regards,
huaco

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had too much brew this evening have we?
View user's photo album (10 photos)
woodenboatguy

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Too much roast beef. I am so full and there's still dessert.

Regards,
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: