Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Dual heating element placement

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshD086

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Dual heating element placement Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello all, I have been lurking on the site for a little while but haven't posted til now. I have a question now that i am about to drill into my kettles and want to make sure i do this correctly. I am running a 50Amp 4 Element panel and Spike Brewing 20Gal kettles and would like to run, or at least have the ability to run, dual elements in each kettle. At the current moment, the best solution i can see is to stack the elements, either together or 180 degrees off, in order to avoid interference. would this be ok , or is it best to run on the same level? I understand that this idea is a lot overkill, but i figure, why not. Any input in greatly appreciated.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!

Placement for a dual element setup isn't critical. As long as the elements are submerged and stay away from anything else you want to have in your kettle (ex: dip tube, Hop Stopper if in the boil, HERMS coil if in the HLT, etc) you're good to go. Make sure there's enough room on the outside too for the box.

Good luck and thanks again for your previous orders!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
JoshD086

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal, Thank you for the quick response. I thought i had responded back but was totally incorrect. I made all needed adjustments to make the dual elements work perfectly. Thank you for your help in this and for all the help your site has lent on this build.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: