Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Kal's basement Brewery/Bar/Home Theatre build 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmkopp11

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Kal-

I have one quick question for you. Since you're using the stainless steel table now, how did you mount the chiller and the pumps to the new brew stand?

Chris
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris!

The chiller is mounted using two size 8 x 5/8" metal screws into one of the reinforcing cross beams - see near the bottom of this page: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/wort-chiller?page=5

The pumps were never mounted to the table. I use the same wood stand as before, mentioned here: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/pumps?page=5
Only difference is that I painted it silver to match. You can see it in this video: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdn5713BAtg/?taken-by=theelectricbrewery

Welcome to the forum!

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
cmkopp11

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for my normal attention to detail. I see you thought of everything and included it in the text. Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try and read closer next time!

Cheers!
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries! There's a lot of text there and it's completely normal for skim and look at pictures mostly. I should probably throw a picture up to make it more obvious as you're definitely not the first one to ask. Cheers!

Kal

whitesoxrob

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kal, I have a question about the Micromatic Stout Faucet. Their website says to not pull the faucet more than 45 degrees. Is that how you pour? Do you need to do a push back on the faucet at all at the end of your pour? With this 45 degree limitation, do you find that you can be the only one to pour form the faucet for fear of damaging the diaphragm? I suppose I could have called Micromatic with these questions, but wanted to go to you as a trusted and knowledgeable source Smile
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitesoxrob wrote:
Hey Kal, I have a question about the Micromatic Stout Faucet. Their website says to not pull the faucet more than 45 degrees. Is that how you pour? Do you need to do a push back on the faucet at all at the end of your pour? With this 45 degree limitation, do you find that you can be the only one to pour form the faucet for fear of damaging the diaphragm? I suppose I could have called Micromatic with these questions, but wanted to go to you as a trusted and knowledgeable source Smile

I'm really not sure why the 45 degree limit exists. I've sometimes pulled all the way (and locked it) and sometimes not (where you have to hold it). Works both ways. I believe I used it for years pulling all the way, and then someone mentioned you weren't supposed to so now I try not to. You don't have to push back, at least I don't.

I wouldn't be concerned with others using them.

Kal

Tungsten

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting thing for them to say... I feel like every time I get something on nitro in a bar, they are pouring it with the handle at 90 degrees - forget about 45!
OkieDokie

Drinking: Electric ale, Weizen

Working on: Electric lager, American Amber Ale, Dirty Blonde

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject: dimensions of the brewery and bar part of your build Reply with quote

Hi Kal,

I've looked at your build many times, and this might be in the 26 pages of the build, but could you specify or point me in the direction of the dimensions of the brewery by itself as well as the bar area? Also bathroom dimensions would be helpful if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: dimensions of the brewery and bar part of your build Reply with quote

OkieDokie wrote:
I've looked at your build many times, and this might be in the 26 pages of the build, but could you specify or point me in the direction of the dimensions of the brewery by itself as well as the bar area? Also bathroom dimensions would be helpful if it's not too much trouble.

Hi!

Brewery's approximately 13x11', bar's approximately 13x10', and the bathroom's widest widths (including 5x7' sauna) is approximately 12x12'.

Kal

OkieDokie

Drinking: Electric ale, Weizen

Working on: Electric lager, American Amber Ale, Dirty Blonde

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate it!
piwko4

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal, what do you have on tap now, and any plans for 2020?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

piwko4 wrote:
Kal, what do you have on tap now, and any plans for 2020?

On tap right now are the items listed under my user name (to the left). Got a Kolsch that's going to go on tap soon, after that some hop experimentation using my Electric Hop Candy Jr as the base. Cheers!

Kal

ryantollefson

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal,

Thanks so much for all the details, it's helped me a lot for my (way scaled down version) of this.

Sorry if you answered this somewhere else on the thread, but curious if you're running your recirculating pump 24/7 or if you are doing a timer or temp sensor in the trunk line?

What if you are on vacation for a week? Do you leave it running the whole time, or would you let your lines warm up during that period & cool them back down when you return?

Trying to be efficient with my setup, but don't want to risk ruining the beer. Wink
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryantollefson wrote:
Sorry if you answered this somewhere else on the thread, but curious if you're running your recirculating pump 24/7 or if you are doing a timer or temp sensor in the trunk line?

It's been running 24x7 since about 2004. About 10 years at the previous house, and now for 6-7 years in the basement you're seeing here. Same pump. See the very first post in this thread for links to various posts within this thread where I list the parts I use and how I do it. See the "LINKS" section.

This is the way bars do it as well. You don't want beer in the line to warm up. It ruins beer. Beer is best when kept cold and away from temp swings.

Welcome to the forum!

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26
Jump to: