Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Wiring a pause button for the Omega/Eagle timer

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chastuck

Drinking: Bitter

Working on: IPA

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:17 pm    Post subject: Wiring a pause button for the Omega/Eagle timer Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I know this is not strictly necessary, or even required, for the Electric Brewery control panel, but does anyone know if it's possible to wire-in a pause button for the Omega PTC-21 or the Eagle B506-5001 timer? Not for brewery reasons, but for another project I am working on, I want to pause the timer as it counts down for a specific purpose and then continue the countdown again. I know other makes of timer can do this, such as the Inkbird IDT-E2RH, but would like to know if it can be done with the Omega/Eagle timer.

kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine you can. Check the manual and the timing charts.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
chastuck

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kal. I have read the manual and the timing charts. To me, it seems that for continuous countdown of the timer, pin 6 must be wired to the neutral bus. Indeed that's what your wiring diagram in the control panel build shows. I thought that therefore logically, if I break the link of pin 6 with the neutral bus, say with a latching NC switch, that it would pause the countdown. But this doesn't happen - the countdown still continues and doesn't pause. I was hoping that someone may have more knowledge of the timer and could advise me.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure! I haven't ever wanted to do this myself. Maybe someone has and has dove into various testing...

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
chastuck

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got a reply from Omega as to whether you can 'pause' the countdown of the timer. The reply is quoted below:

"Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately there isn't a 'Pause Function'. However try enabling the 'Power Reset Enable', so if the power is turned OFF, the count doesn't reset, it just continues from where it left off.

Regards,
OMEGA ENGINEERING INC"

So there we have it. I wanted to use my spare Omega timer in a plant propagation unit and pause certain activities after so many days while I did some adjustments to the plant environment. Nothing to do with beer and brewing I know, but I will have to find a more flexible timer for my needs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: