Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Gauging Interest on the 20 Gal HERMS Coil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Order page is now up!

See: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/custom-herms-coil

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Spec

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered!
Porkbutter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok seriously Kal,
I hate you...

Do you have any idea how many $70 McMaster coils I've destroyed?

And now that I've finally got it setup you sell this...for around $1000 cheaper than all the pain I've paid into mine!

If I ever see you I might have to punch you....I'll buy you a beer after, but you definately need a smack first.

Cheers Smile
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I have the beer (or many) first? It may lessen the pain. Wink

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
crush

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very tempted to order. Shipping to Norway was an affordable 65$. I'm just a bit unsure if I can replace my existing coil, since the diameter was a bit larger than this one. I think the holes were 7.25" apart, but will check.

Will I need to cut the ends of the tube to fit properly into the compression fittings or are they pre-sized for the blichmanns?

(Haven't been near the brewery for months - looking forward to getting back in there!)

KES

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ends of coil are longer than necessary, to allow the user to cut to the exact length they need for the compression fitting." From the products page.
KES

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I'm going to order one as soon as a check comes in this month. Soon! I hope!
Porkbutter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my coil in! It looks pretty good. There is a little unevenness in the size of the individual loops, so it’s a little bit big, just over 16” at the widest coil. Not a problem.

I considered every way out of actually buying a pre-made coil. After all, I am not afraid to get my hands dirty & make stuff myself. Originally, I was going to go the cheap route & use copper. But then I thought of the miles of wort that will be passing through this thing and decided stainless was the only way to go. I sweated over facing all the troubles that everybody who tried to bend it with Kal’s hand and foot method was experiencing & was not happy with that idea. The jig for rolling the coils into tighter circles really had my attention even though that would be another thing to construct. Never quite got around to getting that together. The sand bending method really looked like a winner, and that is what I planned on doing. I quickly re-read that post even after Spike Innovations had one available.

In the end, I bought the pre-made coil pretty much as soon as it was listed, and I am glad I did. It was a relief to do so.

TheElectricBrewery.com manufacturer

Working on: Your Brewery!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porkbutter wrote:
Just got my coil in! It looks pretty good. There is a little unevenness in the size of the individual loops, so it’s a little bit big, just over 16” at the widest coil. Not a problem.

I considered every way out of actually buying a pre-made coil. After all, I am not afraid to get my hands dirty & make stuff myself. Originally, I was going to go the cheap route & use copper. But then I thought of the miles of wort that will be passing through this thing and decided stainless was the only way to go. I sweated over facing all the troubles that everybody who tried to bend it with Kal’s hand and foot method was experiencing & was not happy with that idea. The jig for rolling the coils into tighter circles really had my attention even though that would be another thing to construct. Never quite got around to getting that together. The sand bending method really looked like a winner, and that is what I planned on doing. I quickly re-read that post even after Spike Innovations had one available.

In the end, I bought the pre-made coil pretty much as soon as it was listed, and I am glad I did. It was a relief to do so.

Thanks for your order! Please post pics as soon as you have it installed.

Mike

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooohoooaaa, look what arrived in the mail today! Thumbs Up

HERMS.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.69 KB
 Viewed:  14491 Time(s)

HERMS.jpg

KES

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!...it's beautiful
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: