Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Overshot Mash Temp

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> All Grain Brewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tri_joel

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Overshot Mash Temp Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I overshot my target mash temp on a California Common. The beer has a slight off taste to me, sort of bitter on the tongue. It's not at all what I would expect as a flavor resulting from extracting too much tannin.

I have gone back to secondary fermentation, this beer sat in secondary for 16 days after two weeks in primary. It was the first time I have used gelatin to clear. I kegged it and put on gas just a couple of days ago, do I just need to let it alone a several more days to settle in?
pola0502ds

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too just did the gelatin method. I followed kals method but how did you go about doing this? Did you have any problems when racking such as not picking up any gelatin?

Your beer may taste better with age. Those off flavors might mellow out. If you have it on gas, just try a little every couple days and see what you think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> All Grain Brewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: