Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

PID Programing for RIMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutch101st

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: PID Programing for RIMS Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I am not getting on how to get my PID programmed for my RIMS element...

I am used to the Auberins SYL-2362 controller, however with Kal's use of the 2342 controller, I am at a loss on how to properly program it.

As it sits, the SSR is not cycling as it should- I have the probes in some cooler water, which should activate the circuit, correct?

I have it set to Kal's parameters on the website, but once I did that, the SSR stopped cycling.

SO- my question is: How do I program the 2342 for a RIMS tube and how will I know when the SSR/Circuit is activated for the heating element?

Any help is appreciated!

I did get the timer programmed tho...hehee
dutch101st

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back through things, do I need to set it at "2" so it will automatically manage the RIMS temp?
dutch101st

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I think I got it now...kinda hard to get this stuff dialed in when you do not have your full brewery set up yet. I think I do have it and it appears that the SSR is now functioning as it should. refinement and final tune up will have to happen once I get things set up.

Having said that, I do welcome everyone's insight to their own processes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: