Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Electric Brewery Control Panel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Electric Brewery Control Panel Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Electric Brewery Control Panel

The control panel is the heart of our Electric Brewery that provides us with extremely repeatable and consistent results whenever we brew. It is a 100% custom designed unit built to our exacting specifications using industrial-grade components. Buy once, use it a lifetime.

Almost two years of work have gone into the design and development of this control panel to ensure that it works well ergonomically, is safe to use, and includes all the features a brewer could possibly need. Go 100% electric for safe, easy, and enjoyable indoor brewing.

Control panels are available either completely assembled and tested, or in a kit form that you assemble yourself. Professionally pre-punched and painted enclosures are also available as an option.

The assembled control panels are custom hand crafted in the USA and also feature a special product tag with serial number and build date (see pictures below). The assembled panels feature many higher end parts and may use some internal part substitutions (mostly DIN rail components) that will in no way affect the functionality or durability.

For complete details visit our order page. GO »

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:06 pm; edited 24 times in total
View user's photo album (21 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that want to assemble it themselves, Electric Brewery Control Panel kits are now available for order! Save time and money and get the right parts! All of our parts are also individually tested before they are shipped out to you.

See our products page: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/products

Kal

sasky7777

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To build the kit version of the control panel, what extras are required? I am thinking about things like panel tags, paint, drilling the holes in the enclosure, and things like that. Looks like both options are a great price, and will save time in scouring the internet to bring all the parts together. Keep up the great work.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sasky7777 wrote:
To build the kit version of the control panel, what extras are required? I am thinking about things like panel tags, paint, drilling the holes in the enclosure, and things like that. Looks like both options are a great price, and will save time in scouring the internet to bring all the parts together. Keep up the great work.

Every single component is included that is part of the control panel, that includes panel tags, and even JB Weld, heat sink grease, and every nut and bolt. Paint and tools are not included however. (You can't sent spray paint in the mail). You supply the tools as listed in our parts list in the control panel build instructions.

I updated the order page and wrote:

Quote:
The control panel is available in kit form: We ship you the exact parts you need in one big package, all pre-tested and you follow our step by step instructions to assemble. Absolutely everything that goes into the panel is included such as the PIDs, timer, switches, meters, panel tags, handles, heat sink, relays, wire, etc. We even include the JB Weld, heat sink grease, and every single screw and nut! All you need to supply are the tools and the paint colour of your choice.

Kal

Last edited by kal on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
SeanGC

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The holes are not pre-drilled on the CP kit are they?

Thanks
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct. There are no holes pre-drilled in the enclosure for the current KIT mentioned.

In the future (likely later in 2011) we may offer more expensive KITs that have some of the labour done for you such as punching or cutting the holes.

The currenly listed KIT is just like buying all the parts yourself except that it costs you less, you get everything in one place, and all the parts are tested to work correctly (many people are getting parts that do not work correctly or lights that are incorrect - while the sellers will obviously replace these it's a pain for everyone and slows down the process).

For more information see the order page here: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/control-panel

Kal

perogi

Drinking: Perogi Pale, NEIPA, Nutter's Crossing Nut Brown Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter Clone

Working on: Max's Maibock

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the entire kit and I have to say that Spike Innovations (aka Mike) provides great products and great service. Everything was well packaged and my emails were returned promptly (I tend to misplace things with my "stack everything on every horizontal surface" filing system).

After ordering the parts from a half-dozen people for the kettles, pumps, etc. I HIGHLY recommend doing it this way. I couldn't fathom just how frustrating it would be to try to order and organize the small parts from all of the different manufacturers.

If you do decide to order them on your own, please use the links found in the build instructions - that gives Kal a bit of money to keep up this website.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Information on the 50A control panel has been added to the first post of this thread and to the control panel order page.

Kal

snowtiger87

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: 50 amm for back to back batches - assembled Reply with quote

Do you have any idea when this will be available? What will the price be? Can I pre-order?

Thanks
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 amp control panels should be available for order in a few weeks. Mike's just working out some parts/supplier issues. We do not want to take orders until we have parts in stock. Pricing is still being determined and will be announced once they're available for order.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOVEMBER 2012 UPDATE:

50A control panels are now available in pre-built or kit form through our control panel order page.

They are carefully hand built in the USA on a first come, first served basis.

Kal

BrewhahaDave

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i am wireing up the timer which is a Eagel and not the omega, they look the same and have the same 11 inputs. Are they wired the same?
I just had my brewing room wired for 220 this past weekend. I plan on calibrating the system this week and brewing the first batch of beer this weekend. I can hardly wait and i will post photos of this awesome system as soon as I can.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrewhahaDave wrote:
When i am wireing up the timer which is a Eagel and not the omega, they look the same and have the same 11 inputs. Are they wired the same?

Yes. Other than the name change, they are identical.

Kal

920 Brewing

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I purchased my Electric Brewery from someone who bought everything but had to sell it before he could use it, so I have the fully assembled control box he purchased from the website. But my problem is he lost the keys he had for it. Is there anyway I can buy/order new keys for it?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

920 Brewing wrote:
So I purchased my Electric Brewery from someone who bought everything but had to sell it before he could use it, so I have the fully assembled control box he purchased from the website. But my problem is he lost the keys he had for it. Is there anyway I can buy/order new keys for it?

The keys are matched to the keyed switch so it's impossible to buy just replacement keys, you need buy a new keyed switch. Swapping it out only takes a screwdriver.

See the parts list here: http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/control-panel-part-1?page=2

They come with 2 keys so that you have a backup. Did he lose both sets of keys?

Kal

920 Brewing

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he lost both sets so I am pretty much on my own now. I will take a look at it and see what I can do. Thanks!
ercousin

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of the pre-drilled kits being available in the near future? I never have good luck getting hold cut in metal to the exact right size, but I want to do the wiring and assembly myself...
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ercousin wrote:
Any chance of the pre-drilled kits being available in the near future? I never have good luck getting hold cut in metal to the exact right size, but I want to do the wiring and assembly myself...

Near future? No. It's an idea we'd like to possibly offer eventually, but timeframe is completely unknown. Currently orders are through the roof so we're focused on optimizing the building process (without sacrificing quality), instead of ways to expand the product line.

Kal

jgalak

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I missed it on the page, but I was wondering - does the control panel kit include the safety interlock option?

Thanks.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! The safe start interlock feature is included on all control panel kits and pre-built control panels.

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: