Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Panel tag feedback
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feurhund

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Panel tag feedback Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Guys,

I want to see what the community thinks of my logo and brewery name for the panel. I know having the word anal in Artisanal is a little funny and I could change to artisan. Also, I know calling it Artisanal is a little pretentious, but lets face it i am already a little pretentious when it comes to beer, and after spending 5K and countless hours building the brewery I think it fits.

also let me know if you prefer logo 1 or 2. Logo 1 is the german looking font.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks for the input.

Brewery Logo 2 .jpg
 Description:
Logo 2
 Filesize:  85.48 KB
 Viewed:  26549 Time(s)

Brewery Logo 2 .jpg

Brewery Logo.jpg
 Description:
Panel Logo
 Filesize:  79.31 KB
 Viewed:  26547 Time(s)

Brewery Logo.jpg

JP

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Logo #1, it looks good and is more artistic looking in my eyes.

JP
View user's photo album (24 photos)
pola0502ds

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 1 better than 2 but 2 goes better with the work switzerhaus in it.

Also, ANAL really stands out.
pola0502ds

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i ask what software you used for create your logo?
Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One is better then two. Remember that the name is going to there a long time with an all stainless system. you have to ask yourself, Will it be funny 50 years from now?
Feurhund

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castermmt wrote:
One is better then two. Remember that the name is going to there a long time with an all stainless system. you have to ask yourself, Will it be funny 50 years from now?

Umm, I don't mean for it to be funny. My last name is Switzer. We are mostly German and I speak a good amount of German, have been there several times and I love German beer culture, hence the -haus, as I am brewing at home. The term Artisanal is being used more often for small batch, handmade products with an attention to details and traditional technique.

That is where I got the name. How was it funny?
Feurhund

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pola0502ds wrote:
Can i ask what software you used for create your logo?

I used Adobe Photoshop.
Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I know having the word anal in Artisanal is a little funny and I could change to artisan."

I did not say it was funny, you did as in the quote above. Sorry if you somehow got offended, it was never meant that way and was purely based on your comment. You asked for our opinion and got mine. Sorry
Feurhund

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, no problem. I wasn't offended just confused. Yes it is weird how the eye goes to the "anal" in artisanal. I thought you thought it was intentionally funny. The more I see it the less it seems weird and I like the concept. Still milling it over, but I want to get the tags done soon. I am all painted and installing now.
Castermmt

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, Tags make all the difference in the world. I got mine yesterday and once I installed them it gave me the feeling of accomplishment, and boy does it look sweet! Mug
longarmbrewing

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

I think option one looks the best of the two

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the tags really stick well if you are using hammered finish? It seems to me they may not stick well because you don't have a completely flat surface. I still need to order mine.
kal
Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pola0502ds wrote:
Do the tags really stick well if you are using hammered finish? It seems to me they may not stick well because you don't have a completely flat surface. I still need to order mine.

They stick extremely well.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
RussH

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you guys send these name plates to Signs Banners and Tags, what file type do you send them?
Castermmt

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent it in .jpeg format.
milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here
View user's photo album (12 photos)
RussH

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks... and I like #2, I find the font much more artisanal. Good luck with the brewery. Wink
crush

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I'm late to the party! Cunning name (I didn't know what arsian/artisanal meant, so I looked it up. A good description for all of us!)

The choice of typeface I think is a personal one. The first is more casual, while the second more austere.

You might want to raise the text in the first a little, since it seems a bit to low, the alignment of the second is fine.. There is something about the letter heights and kerning in the first typeface that makes the anal stand out. You can avoid that by doing the kerning yourself and moving those letters just a bit closer together, and perhaps also vary their placement vertically (relative to the baseline) so that they match the rest of the word.

In both cases, consider moving the small text at the bottom down a little to create some more space.

That's a nice drawing of a barrel. did you make it yourself, and can we clone it? Very Happy

crush

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castermmt wrote:

It's no problem to just order another tag! Very Happy But I do like the play on words on anal, since some brewers labor and scrutinize and refine for the perfect brew. Butt it's also a good idea to see the hole picture, and not get stuck up a one way alley. Sphincter. (Just watched that episode of Family Guy...)

While we're looking to get a good, unique brewery name, it's also easy to get carried away into thinking that this has to be the one and only name/logo you'll ever have for the brewery. I've fallen into the same trap, and have spent too much time trying to get just the perfect name, and siding with others who ponder if it goes commercial would the name be good enough? But I've come full circle and feel it's not worth worrying about - if you go commercial you'd reach hundreds more people in the first few months that you'd ever reached as a homebrewery - a name change is not going to be detrimental to your "branding".

If the name make you feel good, then it's gotta be right!

Here's to enjoying the hobby, making it fun and being proud of what you do! Mug

Feurhund

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the sound advice I am over thinking my tag. I am fairly certain I am no longer into "anal" as it is hard to ignore. Here is my new design. The logo I paid $4 for useage rights from a design website and I added the S on the Barrel.

Let me know your thoughts and thank you for the feedback.

Brewery Logo New 5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  98.64 KB
 Viewed:  26502 Time(s)

Brewery Logo New 5.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: