Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Is the electrical setup suited for european standards?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBB

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Is the electrical setup suited for european standards? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
First of all, great setup! However, I'm fairly blank concerning electricity. Could someone tell me if this setup would be functional or easily adapted to norwegian standards (1 phase 230 volt)? As long as I have a 30 amp fuse and curcuit available my main concern is that the power intake won't be able to convert the 230 volt current to 120 volt used by several components due to lack of the "4 points" found in the north american washer/dryer outlet.

Could someone please enlighten me?

- John
sjch

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there.
You are the fourth (?) Norwegian based brewer on this forum Smile

There is a thread by Crush and others about building this setup in Europe on a 230 volt based circuit:
http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24543

We dont need 120 volt if:
- pumps are 230 volt
- all relays have 230 volt coils
- all lights and buzzers etc are 230 volt ones
- you find a suitable stedown transformer for the power supply to the volt and amp meters

I might be missing some adjustments needed, but in the end the only things really using 120 volt in this system are the pumps.
which are available in European versions.

In Norway, typically, you can run a 5.5 kw system off the 'tekniske komfyr-uttak' powering the cooking plates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> Building Your Brewery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: