Return to TheElectricBrewery.com
  [ Shop ]   [ Building ]   [ Using ]   [ Recipes ]   [ Testimonials ]   [ Gallery ]   [ FAQ ]   [ About Us ]   [ Contact Us ]   [ Newsletter ]

Log inLog in   RegisterRegister   User Control PanelUser Control Panel   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   MembershipClub Memberships   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums   Forum FAQForum FAQ

Future products?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparky

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Future products? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I dragged out my Ouiji Board to try and find out what products ol' EK (Electric Kal) and Uncle Spike were concocting, but all it came up with was a (1) heat sink; (2) the hop stopper; and (3) potentially the SS coil. Great stuff, but I want to know if any more goodies are in the works at the Lab before I plunk down my cash via other vendors?
Sparky
PS - You can always PM me for the inside skinny.
Spike Innovations
TheElectricBrewery.com manufacturer

Working on: Your Brewery!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Future products? Reply with quote

Sparky wrote:
I dragged out my Ouiji Board to try and find out what products ol' EK (Electric Kal) and Uncle Spike were concocting, but all it came up with was a (1) heat sink; (2) the hop stopper; and (3) potentially the SS coil. Great stuff, but I want to know if any more goodies are in the works at the Lab before I plunk down my cash via other vendors?
Sparky
PS - You can always PM me for the inside skinny.

No worries Sparky!

Many other offerings are in the works for both DIY'ers and those looking for complete setups as well. Expect more product news within the next week.

Got ideas for products or kits that you want, please let us hear them! How can we make your ordering/building easier?

Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote the main page of the website:

Individual parts, DIY kits, and complete setups will be offered, all built to our exacting standards! More information coming soon! Stay tuned!

Our intent is to offer it all, from wiring, to panel tags, to control panels, you name it.

Kal

My basement/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (21 photos)
coffeediver

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting for Electric Kal and Uncle Spike to sell an extra room for my basement to put all this in.
TheElectricBrewery.com manufacturer

Working on: Your Brewery!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coffeediver wrote:
I am waiting for Electric Kal and Uncle Spike to sell an extra room for my basement to put all this in.

I would be more than happy to visit Colorado, its been a while since I've been there (lived there for 4 years or so and hope to move back some day).

I'm pretty good with a sledgehammer, we could always make room Wink

Forum Administrator

Drinking: Pub Ale, Electric Creamsicle, Mild, Pliny the Younger, Belgian Dark Strong, Weizen, Russian Imperial Stout, Black Butte Porter

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm moving to a new house in July (yes, I'm going to have to rebuild my brewing room but at least all the equipment's done!). You can buy the place I'm in now if you like! It's got a great brewing room already!

Kal

crush

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My order with Master-McCarr was quite painful - it ended up costing nearly $700 ($350 for items, $22 NJ tax, and the rest shipping+import duties to Norway) Bundling kits together would surely save cash for us hard-up brewers!
EDIT: ..hard up brewers outside the US! Very Happy

crush

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal, the basement of your current house looks great. If you're moving, I can only presume it's to somewhere bigger. But I didn't think there were castles over there?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's bigger. Our place now is pretty small (3 bedrooms) and both my wife and I work from home and there's really no home office to speak of so we're stepping on each others toes.

(and the brewery's too small too). Smile

Kal

milldoggy

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The electric element housing boxes would be nice. Those would be hard without a drill press
View user's photo album (12 photos)
kaikoasurf

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stainless steel coil to fit the inner diameter of the Blichman Kettles...The golden standard!!!!!!!!!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaikoasurf wrote:
Stainless steel coil to fit the inner diameter of the Blichman Kettles...The golden standard!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the "gold standard" term to a point. For the HLT, I'm not so sure the "technology" is all that important to heat water to 170F +/- a few degrees.

I own a 20 gal Blichmann Boilermaker for my boil kettle, repurposed my 15 gal Morebeer kettle for my MLT and bought a $150 Bayou Classic SS 20 gal kettle for my HLT.
kaikoasurf

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blichmann is the golden standard!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI:) not sure if this is off topic or not but are there any links to the upgraded parts required for the 1 barrel system? Thanks, and great work, sight and info.
Castermmt

Drinking: Steelhead Porter, Alt-Toids, Hefty-Weizen, Terry's Kolsch, African Amber, Pumpkin Ale, Double Dog Ale

Working on: Janet's Brown Ale, Terry's Kolsch, Pilsner

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckdogs wrote:
HI:) not sure if this is off topic or not but are there any links to the upgraded parts required for the 1 barrel system? Thanks, and great work, sight and info.
http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24918&highlight=barrel+system
duckdogs

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24918&highlight=barrel+system[/quote]

Lol..thanks, I actually already found that Thumbs Up I was really just looking for clicky links like the original build has if it helps the sight for the 80a ssr's etc.

Thanks again Mug
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DuckDogs,

I updated the 1 barrel build thread to include links for the SSRs and a few other missing things to support this site. Thanks for your support!

We also sell 1bbl control panel kits with these parts. If you're interested email us at SpikeInnovations@TheElectricBrewery.com and I can provide pricing.

Kal

duckdogs

PostLink    Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thanks for the quick reply. Mug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    TheElectricBrewery.com Forum Index -> TheElectricBrewery.com Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: